The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Otc - Active Ingredient
ACTIVE INGREDIENTSBenzalkonium chloride, 0.13%
Otc - Purpose
Indications & Usage
- USESto treat cold sores / fever blisters
WARNINGSFor external use only. Flammable, keep away from fire or flame. Allergy alert: do not use this product if you have a history of allergy to local anesthetics such as procaine, butacaine, benzocaine or other "caine" anesthetics
Do Not Use
- In the eyesover large areas of the bodyif you are allergic to any ingredient in this productmore than 3 times per daylonger than one week unless directed by a physician
Stop Use And Ask A Dentist Or Physician If
- Condition persists or worsenssymptoms persist for more than 7 days
Ask A Physician If
- Used to treat deep or puncture wounds, animal bites, or serious burnsyou are pregnant or nursing a baby
When Using This Product
You may feel a brief stinging sensation when you apply it. The sting should go away in a short time.
Otc - Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDRENIn case of overdose, or allergic reaction, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Dosage & Administration
- DIRECTIONSAdults and children over 2 years of age:
- Clean the lip area of any lip preparations, lotions, ointments, residual beverages, or cosmetics including lipstick using only warm water or alcoholSlide off to remove the protective blue paper cover and slide it on the other end-opposite the white applicator tipSqueeze the vial firmly on the arrow shown on the blue paper cap until you hear it snapHold with the white applicator tip down to allow the medication to saturate the tipTo minimize pain during application gently touch the site of the cold sore with the saturated applicator tip. Once the area is numb, rub the site of the cold sore and the surrounding area. Rub firmly to allow the treatment to deeply penetrate the skin.To treat most cold sores, usually one treatment is enough. If your symptoms go away and then return later, apply another dose for the second cold soreDo not use more than 3 times per dayDiscard after use.Children under 2 years of age: ask a dentist or physician.
- OTHER INFORMATIONStore at room temperatureThe ingredients in toothpaste, soft drinks, and some fruit juices can deactivate the active ingredient in Orajel Single Dose.For best results, avoid brushing your teeth with toothpaste or drinking soft drinks or fruit juices for one hour after applying the drug.
INACTIVE INGREDIENTSisopropyl alcohol (70% v/v), water
Otc - Questions
Questions or coments? call us at
1-800-952-5080 M-F ET or visit our website at
* Please review the disclaimer below.