The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Distributed by: Pfizer, Madison, NJ 07940 USAMade in CanadaFor most recent product information, visit www.robitussin.com
Otc - Purpose
Active ingredients (in each liquid-filled capsule)PurposesAcetaminophen, USP 325 mgPain reliever/Fever reducerDextromethorphan HBr, USP 10 mgCough suppressantPhenylephrine HCl, USP 5 mgNasal decongestant
- Temporarily relieves these symptoms occurring with a cold or flu:headachenasal congestionsore throatcoughminor aches and painstemporarily reduces fever
- This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you takemore than 12 capsules in any 24-hour period, which is the maximum daily amountwith other drugs containing acetaminophen3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Sore Throat Warning
If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do Not Use
- If you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- Liver diseaseheart diseasehigh blood pressurethyroid diseasediabetestrouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate glandcough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)a chronic cough that lasts or as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema
Ask A Doctor Or Pharmacist Before Use If You Are
- Taking the blood thinning drug warfarintaking any other oral nasal decongestant or stimulanttaking any other pain reliever/fever reducer
Otc - When Using
When using this product do not use more than directed
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- You get nervous, dizzy, or sleeplesspain, cough, or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 daysfever gets worse or lasts more than 3 daysredness or swelling is presentcough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts.These could be signs of a serious condition.new symptoms occur
Otc - Pregnancy Or Breast Feeding
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Otc - Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Prompt medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children, even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- Do not take more than 12 capsules in any 24-hour perioddo not exceed recommended dosage. Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause serious liver damage.this adult product is not intended for use in children under 12 years of ageagedoseadults and children 12 years and over2 capsules every 4 hourschildren under 12 yearsdo not use
- Store at 20-25°C (68-77°F). Avoid excessive heat above 40°C (104°F).
FD&C red no. 40, FD&C yellow no. 6, gelatin, glycerin, mineral oil, pharmaceutical ink, polyethylene glycol, povidone, propylene glycol, purified water, sorbitol sorbitan solution
* Please review the disclaimer below.