The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredients (In Each Packet)
Dextromethorphan HBr 20 mgGuaifenesin 400 mg
- •temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a cold •helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to make coughs more productive
Do Not Use
- •in a child under 12 years of age •if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- •cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus) •cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
When Using This Product
- •do not exceed recommended dosage
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- •cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back or occurs with fever, rash, or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If Pregnant Or Breast-Feeding,
Ask a health professional before use.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- •do not use more than directed •take every 4 hours. Do not take more than 6 packets in 24 hours. AgeDoseadults and children 12 years of age and overone packetchildren under 12 years of agedo not use •dissolve contents of one packet into 8 oz. hot water; sip while hot. Consume entire drink within 10-15 minutes. • if using microwave, add contents of one packet to 8 oz. of cool water; stir briskly before and after heating. Do not overheat.
- •each packet contains: potassium 10 mg, sodium 39 mg •phenylketonurics: contains phenylalanine 24 mg per packet •store at controlled room temperature 20-25°C (68-77°F)
Acesulfame potassium, anhydrous citric acid, aspartame, D&C yellow no. 10, FDC blue no. 1, FDC red no. 40, flavors, maltodextrin, silicon dioxide, sodium citrate, sucrose, tribasic calcium phosphate
* Please review the disclaimer below.