The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Product Labeling Index
Chlorhexidine Gluconate 4% Solution
- Surgical hand scrub: significantly reduces the number of microorganisms on the hand and forearms prior to surgery or patient care
- Healthcare personnel hand wash: helps reduce bacteria that potentially can cause disease
- Skin wound and general skin cleansing
For external use only
Do Not Use
- If you are allergic to chlorhexidine gluconate or any other ingredientsin contact with meningesin genital areaas a preoperative skin preparation of the head or face
When Using This Product
- Keep out of eyes, ears, and mouth. May cause serious and permanent eye injury if placed or kept in the eye during surgical procedures or may cause deafness when instilled in the middle ear through perforated eardrumsif solution should contact these areas, rinse out promptly and thoroughly with waterwounds which involve more than the superficial layers if the skin should not be routinely treatedrepeated general skin cleansing of large body areas should not be done except when the underlying condition makes it necessary to reduce the bacterial population of the skin
Stop Use And Ask Doctor
If irritation, sensitization or allergic reaction occurs. These may be signs of a serious condition.
Otc - Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Use with care in premature infants or infants under 2 months of age. These products may cause irritation or chemical burns.Surgical hand scrub:wet arms and forearms with waterscrub for 3 minutes with about 5 ml of product and a wet brush paying close attention to the nails, cuticles, and interdigital spacesa separate nail cleaner may be usedrinse thoroughlywash for an additional 3 minutes with 5 ml of product and rinse under running waterdry thoroughlyHealthcare personnel handwash:wet hands waterdispense about 5 ml of product into cupped hands and wash in a vigorous manner for 15 secondsrinse and dry thoroughly.Skin wound and general skin cleansing:thoroughly rinse the area to be cleaned with waterapply the minimum around of product necessary to cover the skin or wound area and wash gentlyrinse again thoroughly
- Store at 20-25º C (68-77ºF)Avoid excessive heat above 40ºC (104ºF)
Cocamide DEA, fragrance, glucono-delta-lactone, hydroxyethylcellulose, isopropyl alcohol, lauramine oxide, PEG-75 lanolin, purified water, tridecyl alcohol.
* Please review the disclaimer below.