The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredient Citrucel® Orange
(in each heaping tablespoon)Methylcellulose (a non-allergenic fiber) 2g
Active Ingredient Citrucel® Sugar Free
(in each rounded tablespoon)Methylcellulose (a non-allergenic fiber) 2g
Bulk-forming fiber laxative
- •relieves occasional constipation (irregularity) •generally produces a bowel movement in 12-72 hours
Choking: taking this product without adequate fluid may cause it to swell and block your throat or esophagus and may cause choking. Do not take this product if you have difficulty in swallowing. If you experience chest pain, vomiting, or difficulty in swallowing or breathing after taking this product, seek immediate medical attention.
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- •a sudden change in bowel habits that persists for two weeks •abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- •constipation lasts more than 7 days •you have rectal bleedingThese could be signs of a serious condition.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- •MIX THIS PRODUCT (CHILD OR ADULT DOSE) WITH AT LEAST 8 OUNCES (A FULL GLASS) OF WATER OR OTHER FLUID. TAKING THIS PRODUCT WITHOUT ENOUGH LIQUID MAY CAUSE CHOKING. SEE CHOKING WARNING •use product at the first sign of constipation or irregularity •put one dose in a full glass of cold water •stir briskly and drink promptly •drinking another glass of water is helpfulCITRUCEL® Orange AgeDoseadults & children 12 years of age and overstart with 1 heaping tablespoon. Increase as needed, 1 heaping tablespoon at a time, up to 3 times per day.children 6 - 11 years of agestart with 2.5 level teaspoons. Increase as needed, 2.5 level teaspoons at a time, up to 3 times per day.children under 6 years of ageconsult a physicianCITRUCEL® Sugar Free AgeDoseadults & children 12 years of age and overstart with 1 rounded tablespoon. Increase as needed, 1 rounded tablespoon at a time, up to 3 times per day.children 6 - 11 years of agestart with 2 level teaspoons. Increase as needed, 2 level teaspoons at a time, up to 3 times per day.children under 6 years of ageconsult a physician
Other Information (Citrucel® Orange)
- •each heaping tablespoon contains: calcium 80mg and potassium 110mg •each heaping tablespoon contributes 60 calories from sucrose and maltodextrin •store below 77°F (25°C) •protect contents from humidity •keep tightly closed
Other Information (Citrucel® Sugar Free)
- •each rounded tablespoon contains: calcium 85mg and potassium 125mg •each rounded tablespoon contributes 24 calories from maltodextrin •store below 77°F (25°C) •protect contents from humidity •keep tightly closed •Phenylketonurics: CONTAINS PHENYLALANINE 52mg per adult dose
Inactive Ingredients (Citrucel® Orange)
Citric acid, dibasic calcium phosphate, FD&C yellow #6 lake, maltodextrin, orange flavors (natural and artificial), potassium citrate, riboflavin, sucrose, titanium dioxide, tricalcium phosphate
Inactive Ingredients (Citrucel® Sugar Free)
Aspartame, dibasic calcium phosphate, FD&C yellow #6 lake, malic acid, maltodextrin, orange flavors (natural and artificial), potassium citrate, riboflavin
* Please review the disclaimer below.