The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Cold sore/fever blister treatment
- •treats cold sores/fever blisters on the face or lips •shortens healing time and duration of symptoms: •tingling, pain, burning, and/or itching
For external use only
Do Not Use
- •if you are allergic to any ingredient in this product
When Using This Product
- •apply only to affected areas •do not use in or near the eyes •avoid applying directly inside your mouth •do not share this product with anyone. This may spread infection.
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- •your cold sore gets worse or the cold sore is not healed within 10 days
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a poison control center right away.
- •adults and children 12 years or over: •wash hands before and after applying cream •apply to affected area on face or lips at the first sign of cold sore/fever blister (tingle). •early treatment ensures the best results •rub in gently but completely •use 5 times a day until healedchildren under 12 years: ask a doctor
- •store at 20o-25oC (68o-77oF) •do not freeze
Benzyl alcohol, light mineral oil, propylene glycol, purified water, sucrose distearate, sucrose stearate
Frequently Asked Questions:
How is ABREVA different from the over-the-counter cold sore remedies I have already been using? Abreva is the only FDA approved non-prescription cold sore medicine that can actually shorten healing time and the duration of symptoms. The sooner you start using ABREVA, the sooner you can begin healing your cold sore.Who can use ABREVA?Adults and children 12 years and over can use ABREVA.How often can I apply ABREVA?ABREVA should be used five times a day until the cold sore is healed. Apply it directly to the cold sore at the first sign of a tingle, redness, bump or itch for best results.Can I apply cosmetics on top of ABREVA?Yes, cosmetics such as lipstick may be applied over ABREVA. However, use a separate applicator, like a cotton swab, to apply cosmetics over an unhealed cold sore to avoid spreading the infection. For best results, remove any cosmetics prior to applying ABREVA.
* Please review the disclaimer below.