The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Product Labeling Index
Active Ingredient (In Each Sealed Capsule)
Orlistat 60 mg
Weight loss aid
- •for weight loss in overweight adults, 18 years and older, when used along with a reduced-calorie and low-fat diet
Organ Transplant Alert:
- •do not use if you have had an organ transplant. Orlistat interferes with the medicines used to prevent transplant rejection.
- •do not use if you are allergic to any of the ingredients in orlistat capsules
Do Not Use
- •if you are taking cyclosporine •if you have been diagnosed with problems absorbing food •if you are not overweight
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- Ever had •gallbladder problems •kidney stones •pancreatitis
Ask A Doctor Or Pharmacist Before Use If You Are
- •taking any of the following prescription medications. Some prescription doses may need to be adjusted, or some medications may not work as well when used with orlistat. •anticoagulants (blood thinning medicine) •amiodarone (heart medicine) •diabetes medicine •thyroid disease medicine •seizure medicine •antiretrovirals (HIV medicine) •taking any other weight loss products
When Using This Product
- •take a multivitamin once a day, at bedtime. Orlistat can reduce the absorption of some vitamins. •follow a well-balanced, reduced-calorie, low-fat diet. Try starting this diet before taking orlistat. •orlistat works by preventing the absorption of some of the fat you eat. The fat passes out of your body, so you may have bowel changes. You may get: •gas with oily spotting •loose stools •more frequent stools that may be hard to control •eating a low-fat diet lowers the chance of having these bowel changes •for every 5 pounds you lose from diet alone, orlistat can help you lose 2-3 pounds more. In studies, most people lost 5-10 pounds over 6 months.
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- •you develop itching, yellow eyes or skin, dark urine or loss of appetite. There have been rare reports of liver injury in people taking orlistat. •severe or continuous abdominal pain occurs. This may be a sign of a serious medical condition. •you are taking medicine for seizures and your seizures happen more often or get worse
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- •read the enclosed brochure for other important information •diet and exercise are the starting points for any weight loss program. Try these first before adding orlistat. Check with your doctor before starting any exercise program. •to see if orlistat capsules are right for you, find your height on the chart to the right. You may consider starting a weight loss program with orlistat if your weight is the same or more than the weight shown for your height. •for overweight adults 18 years and older: •take 1 capsule with each meal containing fat •do not take more than 3 capsules daily •use with a reduced-calorie, low-fat diet and exercise program until you reach your weight loss goal. Most weight loss occurs in the first 6 months. •if you stop taking orlistat, continue with your diet and exercise program •if you start to regain weight after you stop taking orlistat, you may need to start taking orlistat again along with your diet and exercise program •take a multivitamin once a day, at bedtime, when using orlistatHt. / Wt.4’10”129 lbs.4’11”133 lbs.5’0”138 lbs.5’1”143 lbs.5’2”147 lbs.5’3”152 lbs.5’4”157 lbs.5’5”162 lbs.5’6”167 lbs.5’7”172 lbs.5’8”177 lbs.5’9”182 lbs.5’10”188 lbs.5’11”193 lbs.6’0”199 lbs.6’1”204 lbs.6’2”210 lbs.6’3”216 lbs.6’4”221 lbs.6’5”227 lbs.
- •store at 20 - 25oC (68 - 77oF) •protect drug from excessive light, humidity and temperatures over 30oC (86oF)
FD&C Blue No. 2, edible ink, gelatin, iron oxide, microcrystalline cellulose, povidone, sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium starch glycolate, talc, titanium dioxide
* Please review the disclaimer below.