The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Otc - Active Ingredient
Active ingredient (in each lozenge)Zincum Gluconicum 2X (13.4mg)
Otc - Purpose
Indications & Usage
- Usesmay help reduce the duration of common cold symptomsthis product was formulated to help reduce the duration and severity of cold symptoms and was not formulated to be effective for flu or allergies
WarningsAsk a doctor before use if you have a sensitivity to zinc or are allergic to zinc or any of the other ingredients in this product.
Otc - Ask Doctor/Pharmacist
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking minocycline, doxycycline, tetracycline or are on coumadin therapy; zinc treatment may inhibit the absorption of these medicines.
Otc - When Using
- When using this productto avoid minor stomach upset, do not dissolve lozenges on an empty stomachavoid citrus fruits or juices and products containing citric acid 1/2 hour before or after taking, as they may diminish effectiveness
Otc - Stop Use
Stop use and ask a doctor if symptoms persist for more than 7 days or are accompanied by a fever.
Otc - Pregnancy Or Breast Feeding
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Otc - Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
Keep out of reach of children.
Dosage & Administration
- Directionsadults and children 12 years and overfor best results, begin treatment at start of symptoms (within 24 - 48 hours of onset)completely dissolve lozenge in mouth. (Do not swallow whole. Do not chew.)repeat every 2 - 4 hours as needed until symptoms subsidedo not exceed 6 lozenges for adults and 4 lozenges for children ages 12 - 17 in a 24 hour periodfor children under 12 years of age, consult a health professional prior to use
Other Safety Information
- Other informationnot formulated to be effective for treatment of influenza or allergiesstore in a cool dry place after openingno artificial colors or preservatives
Inactive ingredients: Corn starch, corn syrup, glycine, medium chain triglycerides, natural flavors, purified water, soybean oil and sucrose.
Otc - Questions
Questions? Or to report an adverse event call
1-800-245-2898. Monday - Friday, 9AM to 4PM EST
* Please review the disclaimer below.