The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Otc - Purpose
Active ingredients (in each 20 mL)Maximum Strength Mucus Relief DMPurposesDextromethorphan HBr 20 mgCough suppressantGuaifenesin 400 mgExpectorantActive ingredients (in each 20 mL)PurposesOvernight Cold & FluAcetaminophen 650 mgPain reliever/fever reducerDextromethorphan HBr 20 mgAntihistamine/cough suppressantTriprolidine HCl 2.5 mgNasal decongestant
- MAXIMUM STRENGTH MUCUS RELIEF DM •helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive •temporarily relieves •cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with the common cold or inhaled imitants •the intensity of coughing •the impulse to cough to help you get to sleep
- ▪temporarily relieves these common cold and flu symptoms:▪cough▪minor aches and pains▪sore throat▪headache▪runny nose▪sneezing▪itching of the nose or throat▪itchy, watery eyes due to hay fever▪temporarily reduces fever▪controls cough to help you get to sleep
- Do not use •if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- Liver warnings: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take\▪more than 4000 mg in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount▪with other drugs containing acetaminophen▪3 or more alcoholic drinks daily while using this product
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- ▪persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema▪cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- ▪cough lasts more than 7 days comes back or occurs with fever, rash or headache that lasts. These could be sings of a serious condition.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison control Centre right away at 1-800-222-1222
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Centre right away at 1-800-222-1222.Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children, even if you do not notice any signs
- •do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period •measure only with dosing cup provided •do not use dosing cup with other products •dose as follows or as directed by a doctor •mL = milliliter •adults and children 12 years and older: 20 mL every 4 hours •children under 12 years of age: Do not use
- ▪do not take more than directed (see overdose warnings▪do not take more than 4 doses in any 24-hour period▪measure only with dosing cup provided▪do not use dosing cup with other products▪dose as follows or as directed by a doctor▪adults and children 12 years of age and older: 20 ml in dosing cup provided every 4 hours▪children under 12 years of age: do not use
- •each 20 mL contains: sodium 8 mg •low sodium •store at room temperature •do not refrigerate •dosing cup provided
- ▪each 20 mL contains: sodium 10 mg▪low sodium▪store at room temperature▪do not refrigerate
Inactive Ingredients (Maximum Strength Mucus Relief Dm)
Anhydrous citric acid, edetate disodium, FD&C Blue No.1, FD&C Red No. 40, flavors, potassium citrate, propylene glycol, propyl gallate, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol, sucralose, xanthan gum
If Pregnant Or Breast Feeding
Ask a health professional before use
Inactive Ingredients (Overnight Cold & Flu)
Anhydrous citric acid, ascorbic acid, edetate disodium, FD&C Blue No. 1, FD&C Red No. 40, flavors, glycerin, propyl gallate, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sorbitol, sucralose, xanthan gum
* Please review the disclaimer below.