The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredient (In Each
Ibuprofen 50 mg (NSAID)* *nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
Pain reliever/Fever reducer
- Temporarily:reduces feverrelieves minor aches and pains due to the common cold, flu, sore throat, headaches and toothaches
- Allergy alert: Ibuprofen may cause a severe allergic reaction, especially in people allergic to aspirin.Symptoms may include:hivesfacial swellingasthma (wheezing)shockskin reddeningrashblistersIf an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if your child:has had stomach ulcers or bleeding problemstakes a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drugtakes other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)takes more or for a longer time than directedHeart attack and stroke warning: NSAIDs, except aspirin, increase the risk of heart attack, heart failure, and stroke. These can be fatal. The risk is higher if you use more than directed or for longer than directed.Sore throat warning: Severe or persistent sore throat or sore throat accompanied by high fever, headache, nausea, and vomiting may be serious. Consult doctor promptly. Do not use more than 2 days or administer to children under 3 years of age unless directed by doctor.
Do Not Use
- If the child has ever had an allergic reaction to any other pain reliever/fever reducerright before or after heart surgery
Ask A Doctor Before Use If
- Stomach bleeding warning applies to your childchild has a history of stomach problems, such as heartburnchild has problems or serious side effects from taking pain relievers or fever reducerschild has not been drinking fluidschild has lost a lot of fluid due to vomiting or diarrheachild has high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, kidney disease, or had a strokechild has asthmachild is taking a diuretic
Ask A Doctor Or Pharmacist Before Use If The Child Is
- Under a doctor's care for any serious conditiontaking any other drug
When Using This Product
- Take with food or milk if stomach upset occurs
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- Side effects occur. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.child experiences any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:feels faintvomits bloodhas bloody or black stoolshas stomach pain that does not get betterchild has symptoms of heart problems or stroke:chest paintrouble breathingweakness in one part or side of bodyslurred speechleg swelling the child does not get any relief within first day (24 hours) of treatmentfever or pain gets worse or lasts more than 3 daysredness or swelling is present in the painful areaany new symptoms appear
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away
- This product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult usedo not give more than directedshake well before usingfind right dose on chart below. If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise use age.mL = millilitermeasure with the dosing device provided. Do not use with any other device.dispense liquid slowly into the child's mouth, toward the inner cheekif needed, repeat dose every 6 to 8 hours do not use more than 4 times a day Dosing Chart Weight (lb)Age (mos) Dose (mL) under 6 mos ask a doctor12 to 17 lbs6 to 11 mos 1.25 mL18 to 23 lbs12 to 23 mos1.875 mL
- Store between 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F)
Carboxymethylcellulose sodium, citric acid anhydrous, glycerin, microcrystalline cellulose, natural and artificial berry fruit punch type flavor, polysorbate 80, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol solution, sucrose, and xanthan gum.
WALGREENS Infants' Dye-Free Ibuprofen
* Please review the disclaimer below.