The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Otc - Purpose
Active ingredients (in each 20 mL)PurposesDextromethorphan HBr 20 mgCough suppressantGuaifenesin 400 mgExpectorant
- ▪helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive▪temporarily relieves: ▪cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with the common cold or inhaled irritants▪the intensity of coughing▪the impulse to cough to help you get to sleep
Do Not Use
- •if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- •persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema •cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
Otc - When Using
When using this product do not use more than directed
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- •cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
Otc - Pregnancy Or Breast Feeding
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Otc - Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
Keep out of reach of children.In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away at 1-800-222-1222.
- •do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period •measure only with dosing cup provided •do not use dosing cup with other products •dose as follows or as directed by a doctor •adults and children 12 years of age and over: 20 mL in dosing cup provided every 4 hours •children under 12 years of age: do not use
- •each 20 mL contains: sodium 12 mg •store at room temperature •do not refrigerate
Citric acid, edetate disodium, flavors, glycerin, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol, sucralose, xanthan gum
* Please review the disclaimer below.