FDA filings in the form of structured product labels are documents that include all published material associated whith this product. Product label information includes data like indications and usage generic names, contraindications, active ingredients, strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredients (In Each 10 Ml)
Dextromethorphan HBr, USP 20 mg
Guaifenesin, USP 200 mg
- •temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a cold
- •helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to drain bronchial tubes
Do Not Use
if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- •cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- •cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
cough lasts for more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. A persistent cough may be a sign of a serious condition.
If Pregnant Or Breast-Feeding,
ask a health professional before use.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222).
- •do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period
- •measure only with dosing cup provided
- •keep dosing cup with product
- •mL = milliliter
- •this adult product is not intended for use in children under 12 years of age
adults and children 12 years and over
10 mL every 4 hours
children under 12 years
do not use
- •each 10 mL contains: sodium 6 mg
- •store at 20-25°C (68-77°F). Do not refrigerate.
anhydrous citric acid, FD&C red no. 40, flavor, glycerin, high fructose corn syrup, menthol, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sucralose
Principal Display Panel
COUGH SUPPRESSANT (Dextromethorphan HBr)
COMPARE TO the active ingredients of ROBITUSSIN® COUGH + CHEST CONGESTION DM
FOR ADULTS 12 and Over
8 FL. OZ. (237 mL)
* Please review the disclaimer below.