NDC 0924-5618 First Aid Only Triple Antibiotic
Bacitracin Zinc, Neomycin Sulfate, Polymyxin B Sulfate Ointment Topical
What is NDC 0924-5618?
The NDC code 0924-5618 is assigned by the FDA to the product First Aid Only Triple Antibiotic which is a human over the counter drug product labeled by Acme United Corporation. The generic name of First Aid Only Triple Antibiotic is bacitracin zinc, neomycin sulfate, polymyxin b sulfate. The product's dosage form is ointment and is administered via topical form. The product is distributed in 2 packages with assigned NDC codes 0924-5618-00 .5 g in 1 pouch , 0924-5618-04 60 pouch in 1 box / .5 g in 1 pouch. This page includes all the important details about this product, including active and inactive ingredients, pharmagologic classes, product uses and characteristics, UNII information, RxNorm crosswalk and the complete product label.
What are the uses for First Aid Only Triple Antibiotic?
This product is used as First Aid Antibiotic. First aid to help prevent infection in minor •cuts, •scrapes •burns
NDC Code 0924-5618-00
Package Description: .5 g in 1 POUCH
NDC Code 0924-5618-04
Package Description: 60 POUCH in 1 BOX / .5 g in 1 POUCH
What are First Aid Only Triple Antibiotic Active Ingredients?
- BACITRACIN ZINC 400 U/g - A complex of cyclic peptide antibiotics produced by the Tracy-I strain of Bacillus subtilis. The commercial preparation is a mixture of at least nine bacitracins with bacitracin A as the major constituent. It is used topically to treat open infections such as infected eczema and infected dermal ulcers. (From Goodman and Gilman, The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, 8th ed, p1140)
- NEOMYCIN SULFATE 5 mg/g - Aminoglycoside antibiotic complex produced by Streptomyces fradiae. It is composed of neomycins A, B, and C, and acts by inhibiting translation during protein synthesis.
- POLYMYXIN B SULFATE 5000 U/g - A mixture of polymyxins B1 and B2, obtained from BACILLUS POLYMYXA strains. They are basic polypeptides of about eight amino acids and have cationic detergent action on cell membranes. Polymyxin B is used for treatment of infections with gram-negative bacteria, but may be neurotoxic and nephrotoxic.
First Aid Only Triple Antibiotic Active Ingredients UNII Codes
- BACITRACIN ZINC (UNII: 89Y4M234ES)
- BACITRACIN (UNII: 58H6RWO52I) (Active Moiety)
- NEOMYCIN SULFATE (UNII: 057Y626693)
- NEOMYCIN (UNII: I16QD7X297) (Active Moiety)
- POLYMYXIN B SULFATE (UNII: 19371312D4)
- POLYMYXIN B (UNII: J2VZ07J96K) (Active Moiety)
NDC to RxNorm Crosswalk
- RxCUI: 204602 - bacitracin 400 UNT / neomycin 3.5 MG / polymyxin B 5000 UNT per GM Topical Ointment
- RxCUI: 204602 - bacitracin 0.4 UNT/MG / neomycin 0.0035 MG/MG / polymyxin B 5 UNT/MG Topical Ointment
- RxCUI: 204602 - bacitracin 400 UNT / neomycin 3.5 MG (as neomycin sulfate 5 MG) / polymyxin B 5000 UNT per GM Topical Ointment
First Aid Only Triple Antibiotic Inactive Ingredients UNII Codes
- WHITE PETROLATUM (UNII: B6E5W8RQJ4)
* Please review the disclaimer below.
First Aid Only Triple Antibiotic Product Label
FDA filings in the form of structured product labels are documents that include all published material associated whith this product. Product label information includes data like indications and usage generic names, contraindications, active ingredients, strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Product Label Table of Contents
Active Ingredients (In Each Gram)
Bacitracin zinc 400 units
Neomycin sulfate 5 mg (equivalent to 3.5 mg of neomycin base)
Polymyxin B sulfate 5000 units
First Aid Antibiotic
first aid to help prevent infection in minor •cuts, •scrapes •burns
For external use only
Do Not Use
- In the eyes
- over large areas of the body
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients
- longer than 1 week unless directed by a doctor
- on deep lacerations or puncture wounds, animal bites, or serious burns
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- condition persists or gets worse
- a rash or allergic reaction occurs
- the condition persists for more than 7 days
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
- clean the affected area
- apply small amount 1 to 3 times daily
- may be covered with a sterile bandage
Store at room temperature
Package Label.Principal Display Panel
* Please review the disclaimer below.