The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Product Labeling Index
Chlorhexidine gluconate 3.15% w/vIsopropyl alcohol 70% v/v
For the preparation of the patient's skin prior to surgery or injection
- For external use onlyFlammable, keep away from fire or flameDo not use with electrocautery procedures
- This product may cause a severe allergic reaction. Symptoms may include:wheezing/difficulty breathingshockfacial swellinghivesrashIf an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Do Not Use
- On patients allergic to chlorhexidine gluconate or any other ingredient in this productfor lumbar puncture or in contact with the meningeson open skin wounds or as a general skin cleanserunder occlusive patch
When Using This Product
Keep out of eyes, ears, mouth and mucous membranes. May cause serious or permanent injury if permitted to enter and remain.If contact occurs, rinse with cold water right away and contact a doctor.
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
Irritation, sensitization, or allergic reaction occurs. These may be signs of a serious condition.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Use with care in premature infants or infants under 2 months of age. These products may cause irritation or chemical burns.maximum treatment area for one maxi swabstick is approximately: dry site: 4 by 4 inches (10 by 10 cm) or moist site: 3 by 5 inches (7.5 by 12.5 cm)tear open the pouch to expose the swabstickremove the swabstick from package. Do not touch the foam tip.prior to surgery or injection, apply one flat side of foam tip to the proposed skin site and prep the skin in vigorous back-and-forth repeated strokes, turning the swabstick over (unused side of the foam tip) half way in the proceduredry site: scrub repeatedly back and forth for 15 seconds with each side of the applicator for a total of 30 seconds. Allow to air dry for approximately 30 seconds.
- Moist site: scrub repeatedly back and forth for 1 minute with each side of the applicator for a total of 2 minutes. Allow to air dry for approximately 1.5 minutes.
- Do not blot or wipe drydiscard after a single use
- Store between 68-77°F (20-25°C)avoid freezing and excessive heat above 104°F (40°C)for hospital and professional use only
USP purified water
* Please review the disclaimer below.