The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Chlorhexidine gluconate solution, 2%
Surgical hand scrubHealthcare personnel handwashSkin wound and general skin cleanser
- Surgical hand scrub: significantly reduces the number of microorganisms on the hands and forearms prior to surgery or patient carehealthcare personnel handwash: handwash to help reduce bacteria that potentially can cause diseaseskin wound and general skin cleanser: helps reduce bacteria on the skin
For external use only
- This product may cause a severe allergic reaction. Symptoms may include:wheezing/difficulty breathingshockfacial swellinghivesrashIf an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Do Not Use
- If you are allergic to chlorhexidine gluconate or any other ingredient in this preparationas a patient preoperative skin preparation (especially on the head or face)in contact with meningesin the genital area
When Using This Product
- Keep out of eyes, ears, and mouth. May cause serious and permanent eye injury if placed or kept in the eye during surgical procedures or may cause deafness when instilled in the middle ear through perforated eardrums.if contact occurs, rinse with cold water right awaywounds which involve more than the superficial layers of the skin should not be routinely treatedrepeated general skin cleansing of large body areas should not be done except when an underlying condition makes it necessary to reduce the bacterial population of the skin
Otc - Stop Use
Stop use and ask a doctor if irritation, sensitization or allergic reaction occurs and lasts for 72 hours. These may be signs of a serious condition.
Otc - Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
Keep out of reach of children.If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Use with care in premature infants or infants under 2 months of age. These products may cause irritation or chemical burns.use full strengthdo not dilute
Surgical Hand Scrub
- Remove jewelrywet hands and forearms with water and apply 5 mL of the productwash/scrub hands and forearms for 3 minutes paying particular attention to the nails, cuticles, and interdigital spacesrinse thoroughly with waterwash for an additional 3 minutes with 5 mL of the product and rinse under running waterdry thoroughly
Healthcare Personnel Handwash
- Wet hands with waterdispense about 5 mL of product into cupped hands and wash in a vigorous manner for 30 secondsrinse and dry thoroughly
Skin Wound And General Skin Cleanser
- Thoroughly rinse the area to be cleansed with waterapply the minimum amount of product necessary to cover the skin or wound area and wash gently. Rinse thoroughly with water.rinse again thoroughly
- Store between 20-25°C (68-77°F)avoid excessive heat (above 104°F/40°C)for additional information, see Safety Data Sheet (SDS)if swallowed get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately
Cocamide DEA, cocamine oxide, fragrance, gluconic acidcontains one or more of these ingredients, gluconolactone, hydroxyethyl cellulose, isopropyl alcohol 4%, PEG-75 lanolin, PEG-150 distearate, propylene glycol, quaternium-60, water
* Please review the disclaimer below.