The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Product Labeling Index
Piperonyl butoxide 4%Pyrethrum extract (equivalent to 0.33% pyrethrins)
Treats head, pubic (crab), and body lice
Do Not Use
- Near eyesinside nose, mouth, or vagina on lice in eyebrows or eyelashes. See a doctor if lice are present in these areas.
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Are
- Allergic to ragweed. May cause breathing difficulty or an asthmatic attack.
When Using This Product
- Keep eyes tightly closed and protect eyes with a washcloth or towelif product gets into eyes, flush with water right awayscalp itching or redness may occur
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- Breathing difficulty occurseye irritation occursskin or scalp irritation continues or infection occurs
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away
- Important: Read warnings before use
- Adults and children 2 years and over:
- Inspectcheck each household member with a magnifying glass in bright light for lice/nits (eggs)look for tiny nits near scalp, beginning at back of neck and behind earsexamine small sections of hair at a timeunlike dandruff which moves when touched, nits stick to the hairif either lice or nits are found, treat with this productTreatapply thoroughly to DRY HAIR or other affected area. For head lice, first apply behind ears and to back of neck.allow product to remain for 10 minutes, but no longeruse warm water to form a lather, shampoo, then thoroughly rinsefor head lice, towel dry hair and comb out tanglesRemove lice and their eggs (nits)use a fine-tooth or special lice/nit comb. Remove any remaining nits by hand (using a throw-away glove).hair should remain slightly damp while removing nitsif hair dries during combing, dampen slightly with waterfor head lice, part hair into sections. Do one section at a time starting on top of the head. Longer hair may take 1 to 2 hours.lift a 1-to 2-inch wide strand of hair. Place comb as close to scalp as possible and comb with a firm, even motion away from scalp.pin back each strand of hair after combingclean comb often. Wipe nits away with tissue and discard in a plastic bag. Seal bag and discard to prevent lice from coming back.after combing, thoroughly recheck for lice/nits. Repeat combing if necessary.check daily for any lice/nits that you misseda second treatment must be done in 7 to 10 days to kill any newly hatched liceif infestation continues, see a doctor for other treatmentsChildren under 2 years: ask a doctor
- Do not freezestore at controlled room temperature 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)to report serious side effects due to the use of this product call 515-276-1586see package insert for additional information
Ammonium laureth sulfate, fragrance, PEG-25 hydrogenated castor oil, polyquaternium-10, purified water, SD-40 alcohol
* Please review the disclaimer below.