The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Otc - Active Ingredient
Active ingredients (in each tablet) PurposeChlorpheniramine maleate 4 mg………………………….....................AntihistamineDextromethorphan hydrobromide 30 mg……………………… .Cough suppressant
Indications & Usage
- Usestemporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a coldtemporarily relieves runny nose and sneezing due to the common cold
Otc - Do Not Use
- Do not useif you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredientsin children under 12 years of ageDo not use to sedate children.
Otc - Ask Doctor
- Ask a doctor before use if you havetrouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate glandcough that occurs with excessive phlegm (mucus)a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitispersistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema
Otc - Ask Doctor/Pharmacist
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking sedatives or tranquilizers
Otc - When Using
- When using this productexcitability may occur, especially in childrenmarked drowsiness may occuravoid alcoholic beveragesalcohol, sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsinessuse caution when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
Otc - Stop Use
Stop use and ask a doctor if cough persists for more than 7 days, tends to recur, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
Otc - Pregnancy Or Breast Feeding
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Otc - Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact
a Poison Control Center right away.
Abuse of this product can lead to serious injury.
Dosage & Administration
- Directionsdo not exceed recommended doseadults and children 12 years and over: take 1 tablet every 6 hours, not more than 4 tablets in 24 hourschildren under 12 years of age: do not use
Other Safety Information
- Other informationstore between 20º to 25ºC (68º to 77ºF)see end flap for expiration date and lot number
Inactive ingredients croscarmellose sodium, D&C red #27 aluminum lake, FD&C yellow #6 aluminum lake, lactose anhydrous, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl alcohol, silicon dioxide, stearic acid, talc, titanium dioxide
Otc - Questions
Questions or comments? 1-800-317-2165 (Mon-Fri 9AM - 5PM EST)
- Coricidin®HBPDecongestant-Free ColdSymptom Relief for
- People with
- High Blood PressureCold and CoughDextromethorphan HBr-Cough SuppresantChlorpheniramine Maleate-AntihistamineRelieves:CoughRunny noseSneezing16 TABLETS
* Please review the disclaimer below.