The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredient (In Each 30 Ml Dose Cup)
Bismuth subsalicylate 1050 mg
Upset stomach reliever and antidiarrheal
- Relieves •travelers’ diarrhea •diarrhea •upset stomach due to overindulgence in food and drink, including: •heartburn •indigestion •nausea •gas •belching •fullness
- Reye’s syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye’s syndrome, a rare but serious illness.Allergy alert: Contains salicylate. Do not take if you are •allergic to salicylates (including aspirin) •taking other salicylate products
Do Not Use
- If you have •an ulcer •a bleeding problem •bloody or black stool
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- •fever •mucus in the stool
Ask A Doctor Or Pharmacist Before Use If You Are
- Taking any drug for •anticoagulation (thinning the blood) •diabetes •gout •arthritis
When Using This Product
A temporary, but harmless, darkening of the stool and/or tongue may occur
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- •symptoms get worse or last more than 2 days •ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs •diarrhea lasts more than 2 days
If Pregnant Or Breast-Feeding,
Ask a health professional before use.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222).
- •shake well before use •For accurate dosing use dose cup •adults and children 12 years and over: 1 dose (30 mL) every hour as needed •do not exceed 4 doses (120 mL) in 24 hours •use until diarrhea stops but not more than 2 days •children under 12 years: ask a doctor •drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
- •each 30 mL contains: sodium 20 mg •salicylate 457 mg •low sodium •sugar free •store at room temperature. •protect from freezing •Avoid excessive heat (more than 104°F or 40°C).
Carboxymethylcellulose sodium, D&C red #22, D&C red #28, flavor, microcrystalline cellulose, potassium hydroxide, potassium sorbate, purified water, salicylic acid, Simethicone emulsion, sodium benzoate, sucralose, xanthan gum
* Please review the disclaimer below.