NDC 11822-1332 Tussin Cough Chest Congestion
Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide, Guaifenesin Solution Oral
|Color(s)||RED (C48326) |
|Flavor(s)||FRUIT (C73389) |
NDC Code 11822-1332-1
Package Description: 1 BOTTLE in 1 CARTON / 118 mL in 1 BOTTLE
NDC Code 11822-1332-2
Package Description: 1 BOTTLE in 1 CARTON / 237 mL in 1 BOTTLE
What is NDC 11822-1332?
The NDC code 11822-1332 is assigned by the FDA to the product Tussin Cough Chest Congestion which is a human over the counter drug product labeled by Rite Aid Corporation. The generic name of Tussin Cough Chest Congestion is dextromethorphan hydrobromide, guaifenesin. The product's dosage form is solution and is administered via oral form. The product is distributed in 2 packages with assigned NDC codes 11822-1332-1 1 bottle in 1 carton / 118 ml in 1 bottle, 11822-1332-2 1 bottle in 1 carton / 237 ml in 1 bottle. This page includes all the important details about this product, including active and inactive ingredients, pharmagologic classes, product uses and characteristics, UNII information and RxNorm crosswalk.
What are the uses for Tussin Cough Chest Congestion?
This product is used as Cough suppressantExpectorant. •temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a cold•helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to drain bronchial tubes
What are Tussin Cough Chest Congestion Active Ingredients?
An active ingredient is the substance responsible for the medicinal effects of a product specified by the substance's molecular structure or if the molecular structure is not known, defined by an unambiguous definition that identifies the substance. Each active ingredient name is the preferred term of the UNII code submitted.
- DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 20 mg/20mL - Methyl analog of DEXTRORPHAN that shows high affinity binding to several regions of the brain, including the medullary cough center. This compound is an NMDA receptor antagonist (RECEPTORS, N-METHYL-D-ASPARTATE) and acts as a non-competitive channel blocker. It is one of the widely used ANTITUSSIVES, and is also used to study the involvement of glutamate receptors in neurotoxicity.
- GUAIFENESIN 400 mg/20mL - An expectorant that also has some muscle relaxing action. It is used in many cough preparations.
Which are Tussin Cough Chest Congestion UNII Codes?
The UNII codes for the active ingredients in this product are:
- DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE (UNII: 9D2RTI9KYH)
- DEXTROMETHORPHAN (UNII: 7355X3ROTS) (Active Moiety)
- GUAIFENESIN (UNII: 495W7451VQ)
- GUAIFENESIN (UNII: 495W7451VQ) (Active Moiety)
What is the NDC to RxNorm Crosswalk for Tussin Cough Chest Congestion?
RxNorm is a normalized naming system for generic and branded drugs that assigns unique concept identifier(s) known as RxCUIs to NDC products.The NDC to RxNorm Crosswalk for this produdct indicates multiple concept unique identifiers (RXCUIs) are associated with this product:
- RxCUI: 1020138 - dextromethorphan HBr 20 MG / guaiFENesin 400 MG in 20 mL Oral Solution
- RxCUI: 1020138 - dextromethorphan hydrobromide 1 MG/ML / guaifenesin 20 MG/ML Oral Solution
- RxCUI: 1020138 - dextromethorphan HBr 20 MG / guaifenesin 400 MG per 20 ML Oral Solution
- RxCUI: 1020138 - dextromethorphan HBr 5 MG / guaifenesin 100 MG per 5 ML Oral Solution
Which are Tussin Cough Chest Congestion Inactive Ingredients UNII Codes?
The inactive ingredients are all the component of a medicinal product OTHER than the active ingredient(s). The acronym "UNII" stands for “Unique Ingredient Identifier” and is used to identify each inactive ingredient present in a product. The UNII codes for the inactive ingredients in this product are:
- ANHYDROUS CITRIC ACID (UNII: XF417D3PSL)
- CARBOXYMETHYLCELLULOSE SODIUM, UNSPECIFIED FORM (UNII: K679OBS311)
- FD&C BLUE NO. 1 (UNII: H3R47K3TBD)
- FD&C RED NO. 40 (UNII: WZB9127XOA)
- GLYCERIN (UNII: PDC6A3C0OX)
- MENTHOL, UNSPECIFIED FORM (UNII: L7T10EIP3A)
- POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL, UNSPECIFIED (UNII: 3WJQ0SDW1A)
- PROPYLENE GLYCOL (UNII: 6DC9Q167V3)
- WATER (UNII: 059QF0KO0R)
- SODIUM BENZOATE (UNII: OJ245FE5EU)
- SODIUM CITRATE, UNSPECIFIED FORM (UNII: 1Q73Q2JULR)
- SORBITOL (UNII: 506T60A25R)
- SUCRALOSE (UNII: 96K6UQ3ZD4)
- XANTHAN GUM (UNII: TTV12P4NEE)
Which are the Pharmacologic Classes for Tussin Cough Chest Congestion?
A pharmacologic class is a group of drugs that share the same scientifically documented properties. The following is a list of the reported pharmacologic class(es) corresponding to the active ingredients of this product.
- Decreased Respiratory Secretion Viscosity - [PE] (Physiologic Effect)
- Expectorant - [EPC] (Established Pharmacologic Class)
- Increased Respiratory Secretions - [PE] (Physiologic Effect)
- Sigma-1 Agonist - [EPC] (Established Pharmacologic Class)
- Sigma-1 Receptor Agonists - [MoA] (Mechanism of Action)
- Uncompetitive N-methyl-D-aspartate Receptor Antagonist - [EPC] (Established Pharmacologic Class)
- Uncompetitive NMDA Receptor Antagonists - [MoA] (Mechanism of Action)
* Please review the disclaimer below.
We have moved the product label and warning information to a dedicated page, please follow the link below:View Product Label