The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredient (In Each Chewing Piece) - 2 Mg
Nicotine polacrilex 2 mg (nicotine)
Stop smoking aid
- Reduces withdrawal symptoms, including nicotine craving, associated with quitting smoking
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, only use this medicine on the advice of your health care provider. Smoking can seriously harm your child. Try to stop smoking without using any nicotine replacement medicine. This medicine is believed to be safer than smoking. However, the risks to your child from this medicine are not fully known.
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- A sodium-restricted dietheart disease, recent heart attack, or irregular heartbeat. Nicotine can increase your heart rate.high blood pressure not controlled with medication. Nicotine can increase blood pressure.stomach ulcer or diabeteshistory of seizures
Ask A Doctor Or Pharmacist Before Use If You Are
- Using a non-nicotine stop smoking drugtaking prescription medicine for depression or asthma. Your prescription dose may need to be adjusted.
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- Mouth, teeth, or jaw problems occurirregular heartbeat or palpitations occuryou get symptoms of nicotine overdose such as nausea, vomiting, dizziness, diarrhea, weakness, and rapid heartbeatyou have symptoms of an allergic reaction (such as difficulty breathing or rash)
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children And Pets.
Pieces of nicotine gum may have enough nicotine to make children and pets sick. Wrap used pieces of gum in paper and throw away in the trash. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
Directions - 2 Mg
- If you are under 18 years of age, ask a doctor before usebefore using this product, read the enclosed User's Guide for complete directions and other important informationbegin using the gum on your quit dayif you smoke your first cigarette within 30 minutes of waking up, use 4 mg nicotine gumif you smoke your first cigarette more than 30 minutes after waking up, use 2 mg nicotine gum according to the following 12 week schedule: Weeks 1 to 6 Weeks 7 to 9 Weeks 10 to 12 1 piece every 1 to 2 hours1 piece every 2 to 4 hours1 piece every 4 to 8 hoursnicotine gum is a medicine and must be used a certain way to get the best resultschew the gum slowly until it tingles. Then park it between your cheek and gum. When the tingle is gone, begin chewing again, until the tingle returns.repeat this process until most of the tingle is gone (about 30 minutes)do not eat or drink for 15 minutes before chewing the nicotine gum, or while chewing a pieceto improve your chances of quitting, use at least 9 pieces per day for the first 6 weeksif you experience strong or frequent cravings, you may use a second piece within the hour. However, do not continuously use one piece after another since this may cause you hiccups, heartburn, nausea or other side effects.do not use more than 24 pieces a dayit is important to complete treatment. If you feel you need to use the gum for a longer period to keep from smoking, talk to your health care provider.
Other Information - 2 Mg
- Each piece contains: calcium 115 mg, sodium 8 mgstore at 20 - 25ºC (68 - 77ºF)protect from light
Inactive Ingredients - 2 Mg
Acacia, acesulfame potassium, carnauba wax, flavors, gum base, hydroxypropyl cellulose, magnesium oxide, sodium bicarbonate, sodium carbonate, talc, titanium dioxide and xylitol.
RITE AID Nicotine Gum Coated Ice Mint
* Please review the disclaimer below.