The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active ingredients(in each 5 mL teaspoonful)Chlophedianol Hydrochloride 12.5 mgDexbrompheniramine Maleate 1 mg
Indications & Usage
- Uses A nonnaracotic cough suppressant and antihistamine for the temporary relief of:
- Cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritationrunny nosesneezingitching of the nose or throatitchy, watery eyes
- Do not exceed recommended dosage.May cause drowsiness; alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase the drowsiness effect. Avoid alcoholic beverages while taking this product. Do not take this product if you are taking sedatives or tranquilizers, without first consulting your doctor. Use caution when diving a motor vehicle or operating machinery.
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- A cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysemaa cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitisglaucomatrouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
Otc - Ask Doctor/Pharmacist
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking sedatives or tranquilizers.
When Using This Product
- Excitability may occur, especially in childrenmay cause marked drowsinessavoid alcoholic drinksalcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizes may increase the drowsiness effectbe careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- Cough or nasal congestion persists for more than 1 week, tends to recur, or is accompanied by a fever, rash or persistent headache. A persistent cough may be a sign of a serious condition.new symptoms occur
Otc - Pregnancy Or Breast Feeding
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Do not exceed recommended dosage.Adults and children
12 years of age
2 teaspoonfuls (10 mL)
every 6 hours, not to
exceed 4 doses
in 24 hours
Children 6 to under
12 years of age:
(5 mL) every 6 hours,
not to exceed 4
Children under 6
years of age:
Consult a Physician.
Store at 59°-86°F (15°-30°C)
Citric Acid, Glycerin, Grape Flavor, Propylene Glycol, Purified Water, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Saccharin, Sorbitol.
Product Package Label For 473 Ml
- NDC 12830-864-16
- Chlo HIstOral SolutionCough SuppressantAntihistamineGrape FlavorEACH 5 mL (1 TEASPOONFUL) CONTAINS:ChophedianolHydrochloride..................................12.5 mgDexbrompheniramineMaleate................................................1 mgAlcohol Free/Gluten FreeSugar Free/Dye Free
- ONE PINT (473 mL)
- Mfg. for R.A. McNeil CompanyChattanooga, TN 37406-3738
- Rev. 09/17
- Tamper evident by foil seal under cap. Do notuse if foil seal is broken or missing.
- Dispense in a tight, light-resistant container
- With a child-resistant cap.THIS BOTTLE IS NOT TO BE DISPENSED TO
- THE CONSUMER.
- Manufactured for:R.A. McNeil Company1150 Latta StreetChattanooga, TN 37406-3738US Patent # 9,050,289Rev. 09/17
* Please review the disclaimer below.