NDC CODE: 15370-100
Proprietary Name: Quflora Pediatric Drops What is the Proprietary Name?
The proprietary name also known as the trade name is the name of the product chosen by the medication labeler for marketing purposes.
Non-Proprietary Name: Vitamin A Acetate, Ascorbic Acid, Cholecalciferol, .alpha.-tocopherol Acetate, D-, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Niacinamide, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Levomefolic Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Oxide, Cupric Sulfate, And Sodium Fluoride What is the Non-Proprietary Name?
The non-proprietary name is sometimes called the generic name. The generic name usually includes the active ingredient(s) of the product.
Drug Use Information Drug Use Information
The drug use information is a summary and does NOT have all possible information about this product. This information does not assure that this product is safe, effective, or appropriate. This information is not individual medical advice and does not substitute for the advice of a health care professional. Always ask a health care professional for complete information about this product and your specific health needs.
- Drug uses not available
- Niacinamide (nicotinamide) is a form of vitamin B3 (niacin) and is used to prevent and treat niacin deficiency (pellagra). Niacin deficiency can cause diarrhea, confusion (dementia), tongue redness/swelling, and peeling red skin. Niacinamide is often used instead of niacin because it causes fewer side effects (e.g., flushing). Unlike niacin, niacinamide does not help correct blood fat levels and cannot be substituted for niacin if you are being treated for a blood fat problem (e.g., high cholesterol). Niacin deficiency may happen as a result of poor diet, certain medical conditions (e.g., alcohol abuse, malabsorption syndrome, Hartnup disease), or long-term use of certain medications (e.g., isoniazid). It is best to get your vitamins from healthy foods. A multivitamin may be recommended by your doctor instead of niacinamide because poor diet usually causes deficiencies in more than one vitamin. Vitamins help to support the body's ability to make and break down natural substances (metabolism) and are needed for good health.
- Cyanocobalamin is a man-made form of vitamin B12 used to treat low levels (deficiency) of this vitamin. Vitamin B12 helps your body use fat and carbohydrates for energy and make new protein. It is also important for normal blood, cells, and nerves. Most people get enough vitamin B12 in their diet, but a deficiency may occur in certain health conditions (e.g., poor nutrition, stomach/intestinal problems, infection, cancer). Serious vitamin B12 deficiency may result in anemia, stomach problems, and nerve damage.
- This medication is a mineral supplement used to prevent and treat low amounts of magnesium in the blood. Some brands are also used to treat symptoms of too much stomach acid such as stomach upset, heartburn, and acid indigestion. Magnesium is very important for the normal functioning of cells, nerves, muscles, bones, and the heart. Usually, a well-balanced diet provides normal blood levels of magnesium. However, certain situations cause your body to lose magnesium faster than you can replace it from your diet. These situations include treatment with water pills (diuretics such as furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide), a poor diet, alcoholism, or other medical conditions (e.g., severe diarrhea/vomiting, stomach/intestinal absorption problems, poorly controlled diabetes).
- This medication is used to prevent cavities. It makes teeth stronger and more resistant to decay caused by acid and bacteria. Talk to your dentist or doctor about the benefits and risks of this product. This medication is not recommended for use in infants less than 6 months of age. This medication is not recommended for use in areas where the fluoride content in the water supply is greater than 0.6 parts per million. See Notes section for more information.
NDC Code Structure
- 15370 - Carwin Pharmaceutical Associates, Llc
- 15370-100 - Quflora Pediatric Drops
Package Description: 1 BOTTLE, DROPPER in 1 CARTON > 50 mL in 1 BOTTLE, DROPPER