NDC 16729-399 Teriflunomide
Tablet, Film Coated Oral
|Color(s)||BLUE (C48333 - LIGHT GREENISH-BLUISH GREY TO PALE GREENISH-BLUE) |
|Shape||HEXAGON (6 SIDED) (C48343) |
|Size(s)||7 MM |
NDC Code 16729-399-10
Package Description: 30 TABLET, FILM COATED in 1 BOTTLE
What is NDC 16729-399?
The NDC code 16729-399 is assigned by the FDA to the product Teriflunomide which is a human prescription drug product labeled by Accord Healthcare Inc.. The product's dosage form is tablet, film coated and is administered via oral form. The product is distributed in a single package with assigned NDC code 16729-399-10 30 tablet, film coated in 1 bottle . This page includes all the important details about this product, including active and inactive ingredients, pharmagologic classes, product uses and characteristics, UNII information and RxNorm crosswalk.
What are the uses for Teriflunomide?
This medication is used to treat multiple sclerosis-MS. It is not a cure for MS but is thought to work by decreasing certain immune system cells (lymphocytes) which can attack the nerves in your brain and spinal cord. This helps decrease the number of flare-ups (relapses) and may help slow down physical problems caused by MS.
What are Teriflunomide Active Ingredients?
An active ingredient is the substance responsible for the medicinal effects of a product specified by the substance's molecular structure or if the molecular structure is not known, defined by an unambiguous definition that identifies the substance. Each active ingredient name is the preferred term of the UNII code submitted.
Which are Teriflunomide UNII Codes?
The UNII codes for the active ingredients in this product are:
- TERIFLUNOMIDE (UNII: 1C058IKG3B)
- TERIFLUNOMIDE (UNII: 1C058IKG3B) (Active Moiety)
What is the NDC to RxNorm Crosswalk for Teriflunomide?
RxNorm is a normalized naming system for generic and branded drugs that assigns unique concept identifier(s) known as RxCUIs to NDC products.The NDC to RxNorm Crosswalk for this produdct indicates multiple concept unique identifiers (RXCUIs) are associated with this product:
- RxCUI: 1310525 - teriflunomide 14 MG Oral Tablet
- RxCUI: 1310533 - teriflunomide 7 MG Oral Tablet
Which are Teriflunomide Inactive Ingredients UNII Codes?
The inactive ingredients are all the component of a medicinal product OTHER than the active ingredient(s). The acronym "UNII" stands for “Unique Ingredient Identifier” and is used to identify each inactive ingredient present in a product. The UNII codes for the inactive ingredients in this product are:
- LACTOSE MONOHYDRATE (UNII: EWQ57Q8I5X)
- STARCH, CORN (UNII: O8232NY3SJ)
- HYDROXYPROPYL CELLULOSE (110000 WAMW) (UNII: 5Y0974F5PW)
- CELLULOSE, MICROCRYSTALLINE (UNII: OP1R32D61U)
- SODIUM STARCH GLYCOLATE TYPE A CORN (UNII: AG9B65PV6B)
- SILICON DIOXIDE (UNII: ETJ7Z6XBU4)
- MAGNESIUM STEARATE (UNII: 70097M6I30)
- HYPROMELLOSES (UNII: 3NXW29V3WO)
- TITANIUM DIOXIDE (UNII: 15FIX9V2JP)
- TALC (UNII: 7SEV7J4R1U)
- POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL, UNSPECIFIED (UNII: 3WJQ0SDW1A)
- FD&C BLUE NO. 2 (UNII: L06K8R7DQK)
- FERRIC OXIDE YELLOW (UNII: EX438O2MRT)
Which are the Pharmacologic Classes for Teriflunomide?
A pharmacologic class is a group of drugs that share the same scientifically documented properties. The following is a list of the reported pharmacologic class(es) corresponding to the active ingredients of this product.
* Please review the disclaimer below.
We have moved the product label and warning information to a dedicated page, please follow the link below:View Product Label