The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Product Labeling Index
Chlorhexidine gluconate 2% solution
Surgical hand scrub
healthcare personnel handwash
- Surgical hand scrub: significantly reduces the number of microorganisms on the hands and forearms prior to surgery or patient care
- Healthcare personnel handwash: helps reduce bacteria that potentially can cause disease
For external use only
Do Not Use
- If you are allergic to chlorhexidine gluconate or any other ingredients
- In contact with meninges
- In the genital area
- As a preoperative skin preparation of the head or face
When Using This Product
- Keep out of eyes, ears, and mouth
- May cause serious and permanent eye injury if placed or kept in the eye during surgical procedures or may cause deafness when instilled in the middle ear through perforated eardrums
- If solution should contact these areas, rinse out promptly and thoroughly with water
- Wounds that involve more than the superficial layers of the skin should not be routinely treated
- Repeated general skin cleansing of large body areas should not be done except when the underlying condition makes it necessary to reduce the bacterial population of the skin
Otc - Stop Use
Stop use and ask a doctor if irritation, sensitization or allergic reaction occurs. These may be signs of a serious condition.
Otc - Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Use with care in premature infants or infants under 2 months of age. These products may cause irritation or chemical burns.
Surgical Hand Scrub:
- Wet hands and forearms with water
- Scrub for 3 minutes with 5 ml of solution (4 full strokes) and a wet brush paying close attention to the nails, cuticles, and interdigital space
- A separate nail cleaner may be used
- Rinse thoroughly
- Wash for an additional 3 minutes with 5 ml of solution (4 full strokes) and rinse under running water
- Dry thoroughly
Healthcare Personnel Handwash:
- Wet hands with water
- Dispense 5 ml of solution (4 full strokes) into cupped hands, wash in a vigorous manner for 15 seconds, and rinse under running water
- Dry thoroughly
- Store at 20-25° C (68-77° F)
- Avoid excessive heat above 40° C (104° F)
Citric add. cocamide DEA, hydroxyethylcellulose, isopropyl alcohol, lauramine oxide, purified water
Questions or comments?call 1-800-453-4538 Monday through Friday 8 AM to 5 PM MST
* Please review the disclaimer below.