The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredients (in each delivered dose)Benzocaine 20 mgDocusate Sodium USP 283 mg
Benzocaine 20mg..................................................................AnestheticDocusate Sodium USP 283 mg........................Stool Softener Laxative
- For the relief of occasional constipation (irregularity).This product generally produces a bowel movement in 2 to 15 minutes.
For rectal use only
Do Not Use
- If individual is sensitive to Benzocaine.If you are presently taking mineral oil, unless directed by a doctor.When abdomen pain, nausea or vomiting are present.For a period longer than 1 week unless directed by a doctor.
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- Symptoms last more than 2 weeks.You have rectal bleeding or fail to have a bowel movement after use. This may indicate a serious condition.
Otc - Pregnancy Or Breast Feeding
Pregnant or lactating women, ask a health professional before use.
Otc - Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
Keep out of reach of children. In case of accidental ingestion, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
- Adults and children 12 years and older (with adult supervision), one to three units daily. Children under 12 years of age, consult a doctor prior to use.Twist off and remove tip.Lubricate tip prior to insertion: Place a few drops of the tube's liquid content on the shaft prior to insertion. Also apply liquid content or lubricant to the anus before inserting the mini-enema.Positioning: For best results, lay on left side with knees bent. Alternate Positions: Administer while seated on the toilet. Or, kneel, then lower head and chest forward until side of face is resting on the surface.With steady pressure, gently insert the tube into the rectum with care to prevent damage to the rectal wall. Insert up to the shoulder of tube. Squeeze to empty the contents. Keep the tube squeezed until it is removed from the rectum. After the contents have been emptied, remove the disposable tube and discard. A small amount of liquid may remain in the unit after use.
Store at room temperature 15° - 30° C (59° - 86° F)
Glycerine USP and Polyethylene Glycol
Otc - Questions
Distributed by:CVS Pharmacy, Inc.One CVS DriveWoonsocket, RI 02895©2016 CVS/pharmacyCVS.com
* Please review the disclaimer below.