The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredient (In Each 5 Ml Teaspoonful)
Docusate Sodium 50 mg
Stool Softener Laxative
- Relieves occasional constipation (irregularity)generally produces bowel movement in 12 to 72 hours
- Do not use for more than one week unless directed by a doctor
- Ask a doctor before use if youhave abdominal pain, nausea, or vomitingare taking mineral oilhave noticed a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts more than 14 daysStop use and ask a doctor ifyou have rectal bleeding or failure to have a bowel movement within 3 days. These could be signs of a serious condition.a skin rash occursyou experience throat irritation
Otc - Pregnancy Or Breast Feeding
If pregnant or breast feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Otc - Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a poison control Center right away.
- Follow dosing directions below or take as directed by doctormust be given in a 6 to 8 oz glass of milk or fruit juice to prevent throat irritationmay be taken as a single daily dose or in divided dosestake maximum daily dose until first bowel movement, then reduce dose according to individual responseshake well before usingAdults and children 12 years and over
- 1 to 4 teaspoonfuls (5 to 20 mL)
- Children under 12 years of age
- Ask a doctor
- Each teaspoonful contains: sodium 15 mg
- Store at room temperature 15°- 30° C (59°-86° F)protect from excessive heatKeep tightly closed
Citric acid, D&C Red #33, flavor, parabens, poloxamer, polyethylene glycol, sodium citrate, sorbitol, sucrose, and water.DISTRIBUTED BY:ATLANTIC BIOLOGICALS CORP.20101 N.E 16TH PLACE MIAMI, FL 33179
NDC 17856-0398-1Compare to Colace® Liquid active ingredient *GOOD NEIGHBOR PHARMACYSTOOL SOFTENER LIQUID Docusate Sodium Relieves Constipation 250mg/25 mL 50 cups per caseNDC 17856-0398-2Compare to Colace® Liquid active ingredient *GOOD NEIGHBOR PHARMACYSTOOLSOFTENERLIQUIDDocusate SodiumRelieves Constipation100mg/10 mL72 cups per case
* Please review the disclaimer below.