The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredient (In Each Caplet)
Bismuth Subsalicylate 525 mg
Upset stomach reliever and antidiarrheal
- Relieves▪travelers' diarrhea▪diarrhea▪upset stomach due to overindulgence in food and drink, including: ▪heartburn▪indigestion▪nausea▪gas▪belching▪fullness
Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
- Contains salicylate. Do not take if you are▪allergic to salicylates (including aspirin)▪taking other salicylate products
Otc - Do Not Use
- Do not use if you have ▪an ulcer▪a bleeding problem▪bloody or black stool
Otc - Ask Doctor
- Ask a doctor before use if you have▪fever▪mucus in the stool
Otc - Ask Doctor/Pharmacist
- Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking any drug for ▪anticoagulation (thinning the blood)▪diabetes▪gout▪arthritis
Otc - When Using
When using this product a temporary, but harmless, darkening of the stool and/or tongue may occur
Otc - Stop Use
- Stop use and ask a doctor if▪symptoms get worse or last more than 2 days▪ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs▪diarrhea lasts more than 2 days
Otc - Pregnancy Or Breast Feeding
If pregnant or breast feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Otc - Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- ▪swallow with water, do not chew▪adults and children 12 years and over: 1 caplet (1 dose) every ½ hour or 2 caplets (2 doses) every hour as needed for diarrhea▪1 caplet (1 dose) every ½ hour as needed for overindulgence (upset stomach, heartburn, indigestion, nausea)▪do not exceed 8 doses (8 caplets) in 24 hours▪use until diarrhea stops but not more than 2 days▪children under 12 years: ask a doctor▪drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
- ▪each caplet contains: calcium 54 mg▪salicylate 199 mg▪store at room temperature
Calcium carbonate, crospovidone, FD&C Red No. 27 Lake, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polysorbate 80.
* Please review the disclaimer below.