The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredients (In Each Liquid Gel) - Day
Acetaminophen 325 mg Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg Guaifenesin 200 mg Phenylephrine HCl 5 mg
Purposes - Day
Pain reliever Cough suppressant Expectorant Nasal decongestant
Active Ingredients (In Each Liquid Gel) - Night
Acetaminophen 325 mg Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg Doxylamine succinate 6.25 mg Phenylephrine HCl 5 mg
Purposes - Night
Pain reliever Cough suppressant Antihistamine Nasal decongestant
- •temporarily relieves: •nasal congestion •headache •cough •minor aches and pains •sinus congestion and pressure •runny nose and sneezing (NIGHT only) •temporarily promotes nasal and/or sinus drainage •helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive (DAY only)
- Liver warning: These products contain acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take •more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours •with other drugs containing acetaminophen •3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using these products Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include: •skin reddening •blisters •rash If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Do Not Use
- •with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist. •if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking these products. •if you have ever had an allergic reaction to these products or any of their ingredients
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- •liver disease •heart disease •diabetes •high blood pressure •thyroid disease •trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland •glaucoma (NIGHT only) •a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis (NIGHT only) •persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema •cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
Ask A Doctor Or Pharmacist Before Use If You Are
- •taking the blood thinning drug warfarin •taking sedatives or tranquilizers (NIGHT only)
When Using These Products
- •do not use more than directed •excitability may occur, especially in children (NIGHT only) •marked drowsiness may occur (NIGHT only) •alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness (NIGHT only) •avoid alcoholic drinks (NIGHT only) •be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery (NIGHT only)
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- •nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur •pain, nasal congestion or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days •fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days •redness or swelling is present •new symptoms occur •cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If Pregnant Or Breast-Feeding,
Ask a health professional before use.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
Overdose warning: In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222). Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- •do not take more than directed (see Overdose warning) •do not take more than 10 liquid gels in any 24-hour period •adults and children 12 years of age and older: take 2 liquid gels every 4 hours •children under 12 years of age: do not use
Inactive Ingredients (Day Only)
Edible ink*, FD&C red #40, FD&C yellow #6, gelatin, glycerin, polyethylene glycol, povidone, propylene glycol, purified water, sorbitol sorbitan solution *may contain this ingredient
Inactive Ingredients (Night Only)
D&C yellow #10, edible ink, FD&C blue #1, gelatin, glycerin, polyethylene glycol, povidone, propylene glycol, purified water, sorbitol sorbitan solution
* Please review the disclaimer below.