The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredients (In Each 5 Ml)
Acetaminophen 160 mgChlorpheniramine maleate 1 mgDextromethorphan HBr 5 mgPhenylephrine HCl 2.5 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducerAntihistamineCough suppressantNasal decongestant
- •temporarily relieves the following cold/flu symptoms: •minor aches and pains •headache •sore throat •cough •stuffy nose •sneezing and runny nose •temporarily reduces fever
- Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if your child takes •more than 5 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount •with other drugs containing acetaminophenAllergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include: •skin reddening •blisters •rashIf a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do Not Use
- •with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist. •to make a child sleepy •in a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your child’s prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product. •if your child has ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
Ask A Doctor Before Use If Your Child Has
- •liver disease •heart disease •high blood pressure •thyroid disease •diabetes •glaucoma •persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with asthma •cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus) •a breathing problem such as chronic bronchitis
Ask A Doctor Or Pharmacist Before Use If Your Child Is
- •taking the blood thinning drug warfarin •taking sedatives or tranquilizers
When Using This Product
- •do not exceed recommended dosage (see overdose warning) •excitability may occur, especially in children •marked drowsiness may occur •sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- •nervousness, dizziness or sleeplessness occur •pain, nasal congestion or cough gets worse or lasts more than 5 days •fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days •redness or swelling is present •new symptoms occur •cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
Overdose warning: In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222). Quick medical attention is critical even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- •this product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult use •do not give more than directed (see overdose warning) •shake well before using •mL = milliliter •find right dose on chart below. If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise, use age. •remove the child protective cap and squeeze your child’s dose into the dosing cup •repeat dose every 4 hours while symptoms last •do not give more than 5 times in 24 hours Weight (lb)Age (yr)Dose (mL)*under 36under 4 yearsdo not use36-474 to 5 yearsdo not use unless directed by a doctor48-956 to 11 years10 mL * or as directed by a doctorAttention: use only enclosed dosing cup specifically designed for use with this product. Do not use any other dosing device.
- •each 5 mL contains: sodium 3 mg •store at 20-25°C (68-77°F). •do not use if printed neckband is broken or missing
Anhydrous citric acid, calcium sulfate, carrageenan, D&C red #33, edetate disodium, FD&C blue #1, FD&C red #40, flavor, glycerin, polysorbate 80, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol solution, sucrose, tribasic sodium phosphate, xanthan gum
* Please review the disclaimer below.