NDC 41167-0210 Dulcolax Laxative
Bisacodyl Suppository Rectal
What is NDC 41167-0210?
The NDC code 41167-0210 is assigned by the FDA to the UNFINISHED product Dulcolax Laxative which is a human over the counter drug product labeled by Chattem, Inc.. The generic name of Dulcolax Laxative is bisacodyl. The product's dosage form is suppository and is administered via rectal form. The product is distributed in 4 packages with assigned NDC codes 41167-0210-1 1 blister pack in 1 carton / 4 suppository in 1 blister pack, 41167-0210-2 2 blister pack in 1 carton / 4 suppository in 1 blister pack, 41167-0210-3 4 blister pack in 1 carton / 4 suppository in 1 blister pack, 41167-0210-5 7 blister pack in 1 carton / 4 suppository in 1 blister pack. This page includes all the important details about this product, including active and inactive ingredients, pharmagologic classes, product uses and characteristics, UNII information, RxNorm crosswalk and the complete product label.
What are the uses for Dulcolax Laxative?
Bisacodyl is used to treat constipation. It may also be used to clean out the intestines before a bowel examination/surgery. Bisacodyl is known as a stimulant laxative. It works by increasing the movement of the intestines, helping the stool to come out.
|Color(s)||WHITE (C48325) |
|Shape||BULLET (C48335) |
NDC Code 41167-0210-1
Package Description: 1 BLISTER PACK in 1 CARTON / 4 SUPPOSITORY in 1 BLISTER PACK
NDC Code 41167-0210-2
Package Description: 2 BLISTER PACK in 1 CARTON / 4 SUPPOSITORY in 1 BLISTER PACK
NDC Code 41167-0210-3
Package Description: 4 BLISTER PACK in 1 CARTON / 4 SUPPOSITORY in 1 BLISTER PACK
NDC Code 41167-0210-5
Package Description: 7 BLISTER PACK in 1 CARTON / 4 SUPPOSITORY in 1 BLISTER PACK
What are Dulcolax Laxative Active Ingredients?
- BISACODYL 10 mg/1 - A diphenylmethane stimulant laxative used for the treatment of CONSTIPATION and for bowel evacuation. (From Martindale, The Extra Pharmacopoeia, 30th ed, p871)
Dulcolax Laxative Active Ingredients UNII Codes
- BISACODYL (UNII: 10X0709Y6I)
- DEACETYLBISACODYL (UNII: R09078E41Y) (Active Moiety)
NDC to RxNorm Crosswalk
- RxCUI: 198509 - bisacodyl 10 MG Rectal Suppository
- RxCUI: 209601 - Dulcolax 10 MG Rectal Suppository
- RxCUI: 209601 - bisacodyl 10 MG Rectal Suppository [Dulcolax]
Dulcolax Laxative Inactive Ingredients UNII Codes
- FAT, HARD (UNII: 8334LX7S21)
* Please review the disclaimer below.
Dulcolax Laxative Product Label
FDA filings in the form of structured product labels are documents that include all published material associated whith this product. Product label information includes data like indications and usage generic names, contraindications, active ingredients, strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Product Label Table of Contents
Active Ingredient (In Each Suppository)
Bisacodyl (USP) 10 mg
- for relief of occasional constipation and irregularity
- this product generally produces bowel movement in 15 minutes to 1 hour
For rectal use only
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- stomach pain, nausea or vomiting
- noticed a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts more than 2 weeks
When Using This Product
it may cause stomach discomfort, faintness, rectal burning and mild cramps
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- you have rectal bleeding or fail to have a bowel movement after using this product. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- you need to use a laxative for more than 1 week
If Pregnant Or Breast-Feeding,
ask a health professional before use.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
adults and children 12 years of age and over 1 suppository in a single daily dose. Peel open plastic. Insert suppository into rectum, pointed end first. Retain about 15 to 20 minutes.
children 6 to under 12 years of age ½ suppository in a single daily dose
children under 6 years of age ask a doctor
- do not use if individual blister unit is open or torn
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
Call 1-866-844-2798 or visit www.Dulcolax.com
Keep carton as it contains important product information.
Principal Display Panel
Bisacodyl (USP) 10 mg Suppository/ Stimulant Laxative
MEDICATED LAXATIVE SUPPOSITORY
DO NOT SWALLOW
* Please review the disclaimer below.