NDC 42799-963 Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Extended Release
|Color(s)||WHITE (C48325 - IMPRINT IN BLUE) |
|Shape||ROUND (C48348) |
|Size(s)||11 MM |
NDC Code 42799-963-01
Package Description: 30 TABLET in 1 BOTTLE
NDC Code 42799-963-02
Package Description: 90 TABLET in 1 BOTTLE
What is NDC 42799-963?
The NDC code 42799-963 is assigned by the FDA to the product Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Extended Release which is a human prescription drug product labeled by Edenbridge Pharmaceuticals Llc.. The product's dosage form is tablet and is administered via oral form. The product is distributed in 2 packages with assigned NDC codes 42799-963-01 30 tablet in 1 bottle , 42799-963-02 90 tablet in 1 bottle . This page includes all the important details about this product, including active and inactive ingredients, pharmagologic classes, product uses and characteristics, UNII information and RxNorm crosswalk.
What are the uses for Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Extended Release?
Venlafaxine Hydrochloride Extended-Release Tablets are indicated for the treatment of major depressive disorder (MDD).Efficacy of venlafaxine in MDD was shown in both short-term trials and a longer-term trial in MDD [see Clinical Studies (14.1)].A major depressive episode (DSM-IV) implies a prominent and relatively persistent (nearly every day for at least 2 weeks) depressed mood or the loss of interest or pleasure in nearly all activities, representing a change from previous functioning, and includes the presence of at least five of the following nine symptoms during the same two-week period: depressed mood, markedly diminished interest or pleasure in usual activities, significant change in weight and/or appetite, insomnia or hypersomnia, psychomotor agitation or retardation, increased fatigue, feelings of guilt or worthlessness, slowed thinking or impaired concentration, a suicide attempt or suicidal ideation.
What are Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Extended Release Active Ingredients?
An active ingredient is the substance responsible for the medicinal effects of a product specified by the substance's molecular structure or if the molecular structure is not known, defined by an unambiguous definition that identifies the substance. Each active ingredient name is the preferred term of the UNII code submitted.
- VENLAFAXINE HYDROCHLORIDE 225 mg/1 - A cyclohexanol and phenylethylamine derivative that functions as a SEROTONIN AND NORADRENALINE REUPTAKE INHIBITOR (SNRI) and is used as an ANTIDEPRESSIVE AGENT.
Which are Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Extended Release UNII Codes?
The UNII codes for the active ingredients in this product are:
- VENLAFAXINE HYDROCHLORIDE (UNII: 7D7RX5A8MO)
- VENLAFAXINE (UNII: GRZ5RCB1QG) (Active Moiety)
What is the NDC to RxNorm Crosswalk for Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Extended Release?
RxNorm is a normalized naming system for generic and branded drugs that assigns unique concept identifier(s) known as RxCUIs to NDC products.The NDC to RxNorm Crosswalk for this produdct indicates multiple concept unique identifiers (RXCUIs) are associated with this product:
- RxCUI: 808744 - venlafaxine HCl 150 MG 24HR Extended Release Oral Tablet
- RxCUI: 808744 - 24 HR venlafaxine 150 MG Extended Release Oral Tablet
- RxCUI: 808744 - venlafaxine 150 MG (as venlafaxine hydrochloride) 24 HR Extended Release Oral Tablet
- RxCUI: 808744 - venlafaxine 150 MG 24 HR Extended Release Oral Tablet
- RxCUI: 808748 - venlafaxine HCl 225 MG 24HR Extended Release Oral Tablet
Which are Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Extended Release Inactive Ingredients UNII Codes?
The inactive ingredients are all the component of a medicinal product OTHER than the active ingredient(s). The acronym "UNII" stands for “Unique Ingredient Identifier” and is used to identify each inactive ingredient present in a product. The UNII codes for the inactive ingredients in this product are:
- CARNAUBA WAX (UNII: R12CBM0EIZ)
- DIBASIC CALCIUM PHOSPHATE DIHYDRATE (UNII: O7TSZ97GEP)
- ETHYL ACRYLATE AND METHYL METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER (2:1; 600000 MW) (UNII: XRK36F13ZZ)
- FD&C BLUE NO. 1 (UNII: H3R47K3TBD)
- HYPROMELLOSE, UNSPECIFIED (UNII: 3NXW29V3WO)
- MAGNESIUM STEARATE (UNII: 70097M6I30)
- POLYVINYL ACETATE (UNII: 32K497ZK2U)
- POLYVINYL ALCOHOL GRAFT POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL COPOLYMER (3:1; 45000 MW) (UNII: 23ZQ42JZZH)
- POVIDONE, UNSPECIFIED (UNII: FZ989GH94E)
- PROPYLENE GLYCOL (UNII: 6DC9Q167V3)
- SILICON DIOXIDE (UNII: ETJ7Z6XBU4)
- SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE (UNII: 368GB5141J)
- STEARETH-20 (UNII: L0Q8IK9E08)
- TALC (UNII: 7SEV7J4R1U)
- TITANIUM DIOXIDE (UNII: 15FIX9V2JP)
- TRIETHYL CITRATE (UNII: 8Z96QXD6UM)
- WATER (UNII: 059QF0KO0R)
Which are the Pharmacologic Classes for Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Extended Release?
A pharmacologic class is a group of drugs that share the same scientifically documented properties. The following is a list of the reported pharmacologic class(es) corresponding to the active ingredients of this product.
* Please review the disclaimer below.
We have moved the product label and warning information to a dedicated page, please follow the link below:View Product Label