NDC 43386-680 Pentazocine Hydrochloride And Naloxone Hydrochloride
|Color(s)||YELLOW (C48330) |
|Shape||CAPSULE (C48336) |
|Size(s)||13 MM |
NDC Code 43386-680-01
Package Description: 100 TABLET in 1 BOTTLE
Price per Unit: $1.88962 per EA
NDC Code 43386-680-05
Package Description: 500 TABLET in 1 BOTTLE
What is NDC 43386-680?
What are the uses for Pentazocine Hydrochloride And Naloxone Hydrochloride?
What are Pentazocine Hydrochloride And Naloxone Hydrochloride Active Ingredients?
- NALOXONE HYDROCHLORIDE .5 mg/1 - A specific opiate antagonist that has no agonist activity. It is a competitive antagonist at mu, delta, and kappa opioid receptors.
- PENTAZOCINE HYDROCHLORIDE 50 mg/1 - The first mixed agonist-antagonist analgesic to be marketed. It is an agonist at the kappa and sigma opioid receptors and has a weak antagonist action at the mu receptor. (From AMA Drug Evaluations Annual, 1991, p97)
Which are Pentazocine Hydrochloride And Naloxone Hydrochloride UNII Codes?
The UNII codes for the active ingredients in this product are:
- PENTAZOCINE HYDROCHLORIDE (UNII: A36BXO4PPX)
- PENTAZOCINE (UNII: RP4A60D26L) (Active Moiety)
- NALOXONE HYDROCHLORIDE (UNII: F850569PQR)
- NALOXONE (UNII: 36B82AMQ7N) (Active Moiety)
Which are Pentazocine Hydrochloride And Naloxone Hydrochloride Inactive Ingredients UNII Codes?
The inactive ingredients are all the component of a medicinal product OTHER than the active ingredient(s). The acronym "UNII" stands for “Unique Ingredient Identifier” and is used to identify each inactive ingredient present in a product. The UNII codes for the inactive ingredients in this product are:
- SILICON DIOXIDE (UNII: ETJ7Z6XBU4)
- D&C YELLOW NO. 10 (UNII: 35SW5USQ3G)
- DIBASIC CALCIUM PHOSPHATE DIHYDRATE (UNII: O7TSZ97GEP)
- SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE (UNII: 368GB5141J)
- MAGNESIUM STEARATE (UNII: 70097M6I30)
- CELLULOSE, MICROCRYSTALLINE (UNII: OP1R32D61U)
- STARCH, CORN (UNII: O8232NY3SJ)
What is the NDC to RxNorm Crosswalk for Pentazocine Hydrochloride And Naloxone Hydrochloride?
- RxCUI: 312289 - pentazocine 50 MG / naloxone 0.5 MG Oral Tablet
- RxCUI: 312289 - naloxone 0.5 MG / pentazocine 50 MG Oral Tablet
- RxCUI: 312289 - naloxone (as naloxone hydrochloride) 0.5 MG / pentazocine (as pentazocine hydrochloride) 50 MG Oral Tablet
Which are the Pharmacologic Classes for Pentazocine Hydrochloride And Naloxone Hydrochloride?
* Please review the disclaimer below.
Pentazocine is used to relieve moderate to severe pain. Pentazocine is in a class of medications called opiate (narcotic) analgesics. It works by changing the way the brain and nervous system respond to pain.
Pain relievers are medicines that reduce or relieve headaches, sore muscles, arthritis, or other aches and pains. There are many different pain medicines, and each one has advantages and risks. Some types of pain respond better to certain medicines than others. Each person may also have a slightly different response to a pain reliever.
Over-the-counter (OTC) medicines are good for many types of pain. There are two main types of OTC pain medicines: acetaminophen (Tylenol) and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Aspirin, naproxen (Aleve), and ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) are examples of OTC NSAIDs.
If OTC medicines don't relieve your pain, your doctor may prescribe something stronger. Many NSAIDs are also available at higher prescription doses. The most powerful pain relievers are opioids. They are very effective, but they can sometimes have serious side effects. There is also a risk of addiction. Because of the risks, you must use them only under a doctor's supervision.
There are many things you can do to help ease pain. Pain relievers are just one part of a pain treatment plan.
* Please review the disclaimer below.
We have moved the product label and warning information to a dedicated page, please follow the link below:View Product Label