The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredient (In Each Tablet)
Famotidine USP, 10 mg/20 mg
- Relieves heartburn associated with acid indigestion and sour stomachprevents heartburn associated with acid indigestion and sour stomach brought on by eating or drinking certain food and beverages
Allergy alert: Do not use if you are allergic to famotidine or other acid reducers
Do Not Use
- If you have trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools. These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.with other acid reducers
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- Had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating, or dizzinesschest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadednessfrequent chest pain frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburnunexplained weight loss nausea or vomiting stomach painkidney disease
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- Your heartburn continues or worsensyou need to take this product for more than 14 days
If Pregnant Or Breast-Feeding,
Ask a health professional before use.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222)
- For Famotidine 10 mg:adults and children 12 years and over: to relieve symptoms, swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water. Do not chew. to prevent symptoms, swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water at any time from 15 to 60 minutes before eating food or drinking beverages that cause heartburn do not use more than 2 tablets in 24 hours children under 12 years: ask a doctor For Famotidine 20 mg:adults and children 12 years and over: to relieve symptoms, swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water. Do not chew. to prevent symptoms, swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water at any time from 10 to 60 minutes before eating food or drinking beverages that cause heartburn do not use more than 2 tablets in 24 hours children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- Read the directions and warnings before usekeep the carton. It contains important information.store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F) protect from moisture and light
Colloidal silicon dioxide, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, pregelatinized starch, synthetic red iron oxide (only in 10 mg), talc and titanium dioxide
Tips For Managing Heartburn
- Tips for Managing HeartburnDo not lie flat or bend over after eating Do not wear tight-fitting clothing around the stomach Do not eat before bedtime Raise the head of your bed Avoid heartburn-causing foods such as rich, spicy, fatty or fried foods, chocolate, caffeine, alcohol and certain fruits and vegetables Eat slowly and avoid big meals If overweight, lose weight Quit smoking
* Please review the disclaimer below.