The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Chlorhexidine gluconate 2% solution
- Surgical hand scrub: significantly reduces the number of microorganisms on the hands and forearms prior to surgery or patient care
- Healthcare personnel handwash: helps reduce bacteria that potentially can cause disease
- For external use only Allergy alert: This product may cause severe allergic reaction. Symptoms may include:
- Wheezing/difficulty breathing shockfacial swelling hives rash If an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Do Not Use
- If you are allergic to chlorhexidine gluconate or any other ingredient in this product
When Using This Product
- Keep out of eyes, ears, and mouth. May cause serious and permanent eye injury if permitted to enter and remain in the eye or may cause deafness when instilled in the middle ear through perforated eardrums.if solution should contact these areas, rinse out promply and thoroughly with water do not use routinely if you have wounds which involve more than the superficial layers of the skin
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
Irritation, sensitization, or allergic reaction occurs. These may be signs of a serious condition.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Use with care in premature infants or infants under 2 months of age. These products may cause irritation or chemical burns. Surgical hand scrub: wet hands and forearms under running water for 30 seconds. Clean fingernails using a nailstick or similar cleaner. scrub for 1.5 minutes with about 8 mL of product (5 full pumps) with or without a wet brush paying close attention to the nails, cuticles, and skin between the fingers. rinse thoroughly under running water for 30 seconds wash for an additional 1.5 minutes with 8 mL (5 full pumps) of product and rinse under running water for 30 secondsdry thoroughly Healthcare personnel handwash: wet hands with water dispense about 5 mL of product (3 full pumps) into cupped hands and wash in a vigorous manner for 15 seconds rinse and dry thoroughly
- Store at 20-25°C (68-77°F) avoid excessive heat above 40°C (104°F)
Citric acid, cocamide DEA, hydroxyethylcellulose, isopropyl alcohol, lauramine oxide, purified water
Other Safety Information
Laundering/Cleaning Instructions: Chlorhexidine gluconate skin cleansers will cause stains if used with chlorine releasing products, such as chlorine bleach. Rinse completely and use only non-chlorine detergents.
Recent Major Changes
Dosage and administration
* Please review the disclaimer below.