The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredient (In Each Chewable Tablet)
For 5 mg:Cetirizine hydrochloride 5 mg For 10 mg:Cetirizine hydrochloride 10 mg
Relieves itching due to hives (urticaria). This product will not prevent hives or an allergic skin reaction from occurring.
- Severe Allergy Warning: Get emergency help immediately if you have hives along with any of the following symptoms:trouble swallowingdizziness or loss of consciousnessswelling of tongueswelling in or around mouthtrouble speakingdroolingwheezing or problems breathingThese symptoms may be signs of anaphylactic shock. This condition can be life threatening if not treated by a health professional immediately. Symptoms of anaphylactic shock may occur when hives first appear or up to a few hours later. Not a Substitute for Epinephrine. If your doctor has prescribed an epinephrine injector for “anaphylaxis” or severe allergy symptoms that could occur with your hives, never use this product as a substitute for the epinephrine injector. If you have been prescribed an epinephrine injector, you should carry it with you at all times.
Do Not Use
- To prevent hives from any known cause such as:foodsinsect stingsmedicineslatex or rubber gloves because this product will not stop hives from occurring. Avoiding the cause of your hives is the only way to prevent them. Hives can sometimes be serious. If you do not know the cause of your hives, see your doctor for a medical exam. Your doctor may be able to help you find a cause.If you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients or to an antihistamine containing hydroxyzine.
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- Liver or kidney disease. Your doctor should determine if you need a different dose.hives that are an unusual color, look bruised or blisteredhives that do not itch
Ask A Doctor Or Pharmacist Before Use If
You are taking tranquilizers or sedatives.
When Using This Product
- Drowsiness may occur avoid alcoholic drinksalcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsinessbe careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
Stop Use And Ask Doctor If
- An allergic reaction to this product occurs. Seek medical help right away.symptoms do not improve after 3 days of treatmentthe hives have lasted more than 6 weeks
If Pregnant Or Breast-Feeding:
- If breast-feeding: not recommendedif pregnant: ask a health professional before use.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222)
- May be taken with or without waterFor 5 mg:adults and children 6 years and over1 to 2 tablets once daily depending upon severity of symptoms; do not take more than 2 tablets in 24 hours.adults 65 years and over 1 tablet once a day; do not take more than 1 tablet in 24 hourschildren under 6 years of ageask a doctorconsumers with liver or kidney diseaseask a doctorFor 10 mg:adults and children 6 years and overone 10 mg tablet once daily; do not take more than one 10 mg tablet in 24 hours. A 5 mg product may be appropriate for less severe symptoms.adults 65 years and overask a doctorchildren under 6 years of ageask a doctorconsumers with liver or kidney diseaseask a doctor
- Store between 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F) do not use if inner safety seal is open or torn see top layer for lot number and expiration date
Acesulfame potassium, colloidal silicon dioxide, compressible sugar, crospovidone, FD & C Blue No # 2 Aluminum Lake, FD & C Red No # 40 Aluminum Lake, guar gum, magnesium oxide light powder, magnesium stearate, mannitol, microcrystalline cellulose, pregelatinized starch, prosweet N & A flavor powder, talc, tutti frutti flavor
Call toll free 1-800-818-4555 weekdays
* Please review the disclaimer below.