The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredient (In Each Caplet)
Loperamide HCl 2 mg
Controls symptoms of diarrhea, including Travelers' Diarrhea
Do not use if you have ever had a rash or other allergic reaction to loperamide HCl
Taking more than directed can cause serious heart problems or death
Otc - Do Not Use
Do not use if you have bloody or black stool
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- Fevermucus in the stoola history of liver diseasea history of abnormal heart rhythm
Otc - Ask Doctor/Pharmacist
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking a prescription drug. Loperamide may interact with certain prescription drugs.
Otc - When Using
When using this product tiredness, drowsiness or dizziness may occur. Be careful when driving or operating machinery.
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- Symptoms get worsediarrhea lasts for more than 2 daysyou get abdominal swelling or bulging. These may be signs of a serious condition.
Otc - Pregnancy Or Breast Feeding
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Otc - Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222).
- Drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrheafind right dose on chart. If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise, use age.adults and children 12 years and over2 caplets after the first loose stool; 1 caplet after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 4 caplets in 24 hourschildren 9-11 years (60-95 lbs)1 caplet after the first loose stool; 1/2 caplet after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 3 caplets in 24 hourschildren 6-8 years (48-59 lbs)1 caplet after the first loose stool; 1/2 caplet after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 2 caplets in 24 hourschildren 2-5 years (34 to 47 lbs)ask a doctorchildren under 2 years (up to 33 lbs)do not use
- Store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)do not use if blister unit is broken or torn
Anhydrous lactose, carnauba wax, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, pregelatinized starch
* Please review the disclaimer below.