The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredient (In Each Tablet)
Bismuth subsalicylate 262 mg
Upset stomach reliever and anti-diarrheal
- Relieves •traveler’s diarrhea •diarrhea •upset stomach due to overindulgence in food and drink including •heartburn •indigestion •nausea •gas •belching •fullness
Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
- Contains salicylate. Do not take if you are •allergic to salicylates (including aspirin) •taking other salicylate products
Otc - Do Not Use
- Do not use if you have •bloody or black stool •an ulcer •a bleeding problem
Otc - Ask Doctor
- Ask a doctor before use if you have •fever •mucus in the stool
Otc - Ask Doctor/Pharmacist
- Ask a doctor before use if you are taking any drug for •anticoagulation (thinning of the blood) •diabetes •gout •arthritis
Otc - When Using
When using this product a temporary, but harmless, darkening of the stool and/or tongue may occur.
Otc - Stop Use
- Stop use and ask a doctor if •symptoms get worse or last more than 2 days •ringing in the ears occurs or loss of hearing occurs •diarrhea lasts more than 2 days
Otc - Pregnancy Or Breast Feeding
If pregnant or breast feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Otc - Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.1-800-222-1222.
- •chew or dissolve tablets in mouth. Do not swallow tablets whole. •adults and children 12 years and older: 2 tablets (1 dose) every 1/2 hour or 4 tablets (2 dose) every hour as needed for diarrhea •2 tablets (1 dose) every 1/2 hour as needed for overindulgence (upset stomach, heartburn, indigestion, nausea) •do not exceed 8 doses (16 tablets) in 24 hours •use until diarrhea stops but not more than 2 days •children under 12 years: ask a doctor •drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
- •each tablets contains: salicylate 102 mg •store at room temperature •avoid excessive heat
D&C Red# 27 lake, flavor, magnesium stearate, maltodextrin, microcrystalline cellulose, sorbitol, sucralose.
* Please review the disclaimer below.