NDC 51655-088 Hydrochlorothiazide
|Color(s)||ORANGE (C48331 - PEACH) |
|Shape||ROUND (C48348) |
|Size(s)||6 MM |
NDC Code 51655-088-52
Package Description: 30 TABLET in 1 BOTTLE, PLASTIC
What is NDC 51655-088?
The NDC code 51655-088 is assigned by the FDA to the product Hydrochlorothiazide which is a human prescription drug product labeled by Northwind Pharmaceuticals, Llc. The product's dosage form is tablet and is administered via oral form. The product is distributed in a single package with assigned NDC code 51655-088-52 30 tablet in 1 bottle, plastic . This page includes all the important details about this product, including active and inactive ingredients, pharmagologic classes, product uses and characteristics, UNII information and RxNorm crosswalk.
What are the uses for Hydrochlorothiazide?
This medication is used to treat high blood pressure. Lowering high blood pressure helps prevent strokes, heart attacks, and kidney problems. Hydrochlorothiazide belongs to a class of drugs known as diuretics/"water pills." It works by causing you to make more urine. This helps your body get rid of extra salt and water. This medication also reduces extra fluid in the body (edema) caused by conditions such as heart failure, liver disease, or kidney disease. This can lessen symptoms such as shortness of breath or swelling in your ankles or feet.
What are Hydrochlorothiazide Active Ingredients?
An active ingredient is the substance responsible for the medicinal effects of a product specified by the substance's molecular structure or if the molecular structure is not known, defined by an unambiguous definition that identifies the substance. Each active ingredient name is the preferred term of the UNII code submitted.
- HYDROCHLOROTHIAZIDE 25 mg/1 - A thiazide diuretic often considered the prototypical member of this class. It reduces the reabsorption of electrolytes from the renal tubules. This results in increased excretion of water and electrolytes, including sodium, potassium, chloride, and magnesium. It is used in the treatment of several disorders including edema, hypertension, diabetes insipidus, and hypoparathyroidism.
Which are Hydrochlorothiazide UNII Codes?
The UNII codes for the active ingredients in this product are:
- HYDROCHLOROTHIAZIDE (UNII: 0J48LPH2TH)
- HYDROCHLOROTHIAZIDE (UNII: 0J48LPH2TH) (Active Moiety)
What is the NDC to RxNorm Crosswalk for Hydrochlorothiazide?
RxNorm is a normalized naming system for generic and branded drugs that assigns unique concept identifier(s) known as RxCUIs to NDC products.The NDC to RxNorm Crosswalk for this produdct indicates multiple concept unique identifiers (RXCUIs) are associated with this product:
- RxCUI: 310798 - hydroCHLOROthiazide 25 MG Oral Tablet
- RxCUI: 310798 - hydrochlorothiazide 25 MG Oral Tablet
- RxCUI: 310798 - HCTZ 25 MG Oral Tablet
Which are Hydrochlorothiazide Inactive Ingredients UNII Codes?
The inactive ingredients are all the component of a medicinal product OTHER than the active ingredient(s). The acronym "UNII" stands for “Unique Ingredient Identifier” and is used to identify each inactive ingredient present in a product. The UNII codes for the inactive ingredients in this product are:
- STARCH, CORN (UNII: O8232NY3SJ)
- MICROCRYSTALLINE CELLULOSE 101 (UNII: 7T9FYH5QMK)
- ANHYDROUS LACTOSE (UNII: 3SY5LH9PMK)
- MAGNESIUM STEARATE (UNII: 70097M6I30)
- FD&C YELLOW NO. 6 (UNII: H77VEI93A8)
Which are the Pharmacologic Classes for Hydrochlorothiazide?
A pharmacologic class is a group of drugs that share the same scientifically documented properties. The following is a list of the reported pharmacologic class(es) corresponding to the active ingredients of this product.
* Please review the disclaimer below.
We have moved the product label and warning information to a dedicated page, please follow the link below:View Product Label