The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Otc - Active Ingredient
Active ingredient (in each lozenge)Zincum Gluconicum 2X (13.3 mg)
Otc - Purpose
Indications & Usage
- Usesreduce the duration of nasal congestion and shorten the length of the common cold
WarningsAsk a doctor before use if you have a sensitivity to zinc or are allergic to zinc or any of the other ingredients in this product
Otc - Ask Doctor/Pharmacist
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking minocycline, doxycycline, tetracycline or are on coumadin therapy; zinc treatment may inhibit the absorption of these medicines
Otc - When Using
- When using this productto avoid minor stomach upset, do not dissolve lozenges on an empty stomachavoid citrus fruits or juices and products containing citric acid 1/2 hour before or after taking, as they may diminish effectiveness
Otc - Stop Use
Stop use and ask doctor if symptoms persists for more than 7 days or are accompanied by a fever
Otc - Pregnancy Or Breast Feeding
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Otc - Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
Keep out of reach of children.
Dosage & Administration
- Directionsadults and children 12 years and overfor best results, begin treatment at start of symptoms (within 24 - 48 hours of onset)completely dissolve lozenge in mouth. (Do not swallow whole. Do not chew.)repeat every 2 - 4 hours as needed until symptoms subsidedo not exceed 6 lozenges for adults and 4 lozenges for children ages 12 - 17 in a 24 hour periodfor children under 12 years of age, consult a health professional prior to use
Other Safety Information
- Other informationnot formulated to be effective for treatment of influenza or allergiesstore in cool dry place oafter openingno artificial colors or preservatives
Inactive ingredients: Corn starch, corn syrup, glycine, medium chain triglycerides, natural flavors, soybean oil, sucrose and water.
Otc - Questions
Questions? Or to report an adverse event call
1-800-245-2898. Monday - Friday, 9AM to 4PM EST
* Please review the disclaimer below.