The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredient(S) In Each Capsule
*Esomeprazole 20 mg(Each delayed-release capsule corresponds to 20.7 mg esomeprazole magnesium, USP)
- Treats frequent heartburn (occurs 2 or more days a week) not intended for immediate relief of heartburn; this drug may take 1 to 4 days for full effect
Allergy alert: Do not use if you are allergic to esomeprazole
Do Not Use If You Have
- Trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating or dizzinesschest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadness frequent chest pain.These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- Had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburnunexplained weight lossnausea or vomitingstomach pain
Ask A Doctor Or Pharmacist Before Use If You Are Taking
- Taking a prescription drug. Acid reducers may interact with certain prescription drugs.
Stop Use And Ask Doctor If
- Your heartburn continues or worsensyou need to take this product for more than 14 daysyou need to take more than 1 course of treatment every 4 monthsyou get diarrhea you develop a rash or joint painIf pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222).
- Adults 18 years of age and olderthis product is to be used once a day (every 24 hours), every day for 14 daysmay take 1 to 4 days for full effect 14-Day Course of Treatmentswallow 1 capsule with a glass of water before eating in the morningtake every day for 14 days do not take more than 1 capsule a dayswallow whole. Do not crush or chew capsulesdo not use for more than 14 days unless directed by your doctor Repeated 14-Day Courses (if needed)you may repeat a 14-day course every 4 months do not take for more than 14 days or more often than every 4 months unless directed by a doctorchildren under 18 years of age: ask a doctor before use. Heartburn in children may sometimes be caused by a serious condition.
- Each capsule contains: magnesium, 15 mgread directions and warnings before usekeep the carton. It contains important informationstore at 20 to 25°C (68 to 77°F)
Acetyl tributyl citrate, dibutyl sebacate, FD&C Blue #1, ferroso ferric oxide, gelatin, glyceryl monostearate, hypromellose, magnesium oxide, magnesium stearate, methacrylic acid copolymer dispersion, poloxamer, polysorbate 80, povidone, potassium hydroxide, propylene glycol, shellac, sugar, talc, titanium dioxide
Tips For Managing Heartburn
- Avoid foods or drinks that are more likely to cause heartburn, such as rich, spicy, fatty and fried foods, chocolate, caffeine, alcohol and even some acidic fruits and vegetables.Eat slowly and do not eat big meals.Do not eat late at night or just before bedtime.Do not lie flat or bend over soon after eating.Raise the head of your bed.Wear loose-fitting clothing around your stomach.If you are overweight, lose weight.If you smoke, quit smoking.Revised: 0419
* Please review the disclaimer below.