The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredient (In Each Tablet)
Ibuprofen 200 mg (NSAID)**nonsteroidal anti- inflammatory drug
Pain reliever/ fever reducer
- Temporarily relieves minor aches and pain due tominor pain of arthritisheadachetoothachebackachethe common coldmenstrual crampsmuscular achestemporarily reduces fever
- Allergy alert: Ibuprofen may cause a severe allergic reaction, especially in people allergic to aspirin. Symptoms may includehivesfacial swelling asthma (wheezing)shockskin reddeningrashblistersIf an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if youare age 60 or olderhave had stomach ulcers or bleeding problemstake a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drugtake other drugs containing prescription or non prescription NSAIDs [aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others]have 3 or more alcoholic drinks everyday while using this product take more or for a longer time than directed
Do Not Use
- If you have ever had an allergic reaction to any other pain reliever/ fever reducer right before or after heart surgery
Ask A Doctor Before Use If
- Stomach bleeding warning applies to youyou have problems or serious side effects from taking pain relievers or fever reducersyou have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburnyou have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, kidney disease or asthmayou are taking a diuretic
Ask A Doctor Or Pharmacist Before Use If You Are
- Under a doctor's care for any serious conditiontaking aspirin for heart attack or stroke, because ibuprofen may decrease this benefit of aspirin taking any other drug
When Using This Product
- Take food or milk if stomach upset occursthe risk of heart attack or stroke may increase if you use more than directed or for longer than directed
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- You experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding feel faint vomit bloodhave bloody or black stoolshave stomach pain that does not get betterpain gets worse or last for more than 10 days fever gets worse or last more than 3 daysredness or swelling is present in the painful area any new symptoms appear
If Pregnant Or Breast Feeding
Ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use ibuprofen during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a poison control center right away.This package is not for households with young children.
- Do not take more than directed the smallest effective dose should be usedAdults and children 12 years and oldertake 1 tablet every4 to 6 hours while symptoms persistif pain or fever does not respond to 1 tablet, 2 tablets may be useddo not exceed 6 tablets in 24 hours, unless directed by a doctorchildren under 12 yearsask a doctor
- Store between 20o- 25oC (68o- 77oF)avoid high humidity and excessive heat above 40oC (104oF)
Carnauba wax, colloidal silicon dioxide, croscarmellose sodium, DC yellow# 10, FDC blue# 2, FDC red# 40, FDC yellow# 6, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polydextrose, polyethylene glycol, polysorbate 80, red iron oxide, titanium dioxide
Questions? Adverse Drug Event Call: (800)687-0176
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by Pfizer Consumer Healthcare, owner of the registered trademark ADVIL®.
* Please review the disclaimer below.