The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredient (In Each Orange Caplet)
Ibuprofen USP, 200 mg (NSAID)**nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- Temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:menstrual crampstoothachethe common cold backacheheadachemuscular achesminor pain or arthritistemporarily reduces fever
- Allergy alert: Ibuprofen may cause a severe allergic reaction, especially in people allergic to aspirin. Symptoms may include:skin reddening asthma (wheezing)rashfacial swellingshockblistershivesIf an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you:take more or for a longer time than directedtake a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drugare age 60 or oldertake other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs [aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others]have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problemshave 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this productHeart attack and stroke warning: NSAIDs, except aspirin, increase the risk of heart attack, heart failure, and stroke. These can be fatal. The risk is higher if you use more than directed or for longer than directed.
Do Not Use
- Right before or after heart surgeryif you have ever had an allergic reaction to any other pain reliever/fever reducer
Ask A Doctor Before Use If
- You have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn you are taking a diureticyou have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, kidney disease, asthma, or had a strokestomach bleeding warning applies to youyou have problems or serious side effects from taking pain relievers or fever reducers
Ask A Doctor Or Pharmacist Before Use If You Are
- Under a doctor's care for any serious conditiontaking aspirin for heart attack or stroke, because ibuprofen may decrease this benefit of aspirintaking any other drug
When Using This Product
- Take with food or milk if stomach upset occurs
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- You experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:feel faintvomit bloodhave bloody or black stoolshave stomach pain that does not get betteryou have symptoms of heart problems or strokechest pain trouble breathingleg swellingslurred speechweakness in one part or side of bodypain gets worse or lasts more than 10 daysfever gets worse or lasts more than 3 daysredness or swelling is present in the painful areaany new symptoms appear
If Pregnant Or Breast-Feeding,
Ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use ibuprofen during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
- Do not take more than directedthe smallest effective dose should be usedadults and children 12 years and over: take 1 caplet every 4 to 6 hours while symptoms persistif pain or fever does not respond to 1 caplet, 2 caplets may be useddo not exceed 6 caplets in 24 hours, unless directed by a doctorchildren under 12 years: ask a doctor
- Store between 20º-25ºC (68º-77ºF)avoid excess heat 40ºC (104ºF)see end flap for expiration date and lot number
Carnauba wax, colloidal silicon dioxide, corn starch, FD&C yellow #6 aluminum lake, hypromellose, lactose anhydrous, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polydextrose, polyethylene glycol, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, titanium dioxide
* Please review the disclaimer below.