The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredients (In Each Liquid-Filled Capsule) (Daytime Cold & Flu)
Acetaminophen 325 mgDextromethorphan HBr 10 mgPhenylephrine HCl 5 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducerCough suppressantNasal decongestant
Pain reliever/fever reducerCough suppressantAntihistamine
Active Ingredients (In Each Liquid-Filled Capsule) (Nighttime Cold & Flu)
Acetaminophen 325 mgDextromethorphan HBr 15 mgDoxylamine succinate 6.25 mg
- Temporarily relieves common cold and flu symptoms:feverheadachesore throatminor aches and painscough due to minor throat and bronchial irritationnasal congestion (Daytime only)runny nose and sneezing (Nighttime only)
- Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you takemore than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hourswith other drugs containing acetaminophen3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this productAllergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:skin reddeningblistersrashIf a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do Not Use
- With any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- Cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate glandliver diseasediabetes (Daytime only)heart disease (Daytime only)thyroid disease (Daytime only)high blood pressure (Daytime only)persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema (Daytime only)a breathing problem or chronic cough that lasts or as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema (Nighttime only)glaucoma (Nighttime only)
Ask A Doctor Or Pharmacist Before Use If You Are
- Taking the blood thinning drug warfarintaking sedatives or tranquilizers (Nighttime only)
When Using This Product
- Do not exceed recommended dosagemarked drowsiness may occur (Nighttime only)avoid alcoholic beverages (Nighttime only)excitability may occur, especially in children (Nighttime only)use caution when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery (Nighttime only)alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness (Nighttime only)
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- Nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur (Daytime only)pain, nasal congestion, or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days (Daytime only)pain or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days (Nighttime only)fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 daysredness or swelling is presentnew symptoms occurcough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If Pregnant Or Breast-Feeding,
Ask a health professional before use.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
In case of accidental overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Prompt medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.Read each section carefully. Do not take DAYTIME and NIGHTTIME products at the same time.
Directions (Daytime Only)
- Do not take more than directeddo not take more than 8 capsules per 24 hoursadults and children 12 years and over: take 2 capsules with water every 4 hourschildren under 12 years: ask a doctor
Directions (Nighttime Only)
- Do not take more than directed do not take more than 8 capsules per 24 hoursadults and children 12 years and over: take 2 capsules with water every 6 hourschildren under 12 years: ask a doctorDo not take more than 8 capsules of Daytime and Nighttime products in any 24-hour period.
- TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF OUTER PACKAGE IS OPENED OR BLISTER IS TORN OR BROKENstore at 25ºC (77ºF); excursions permitted between 15º-30ºC (59º-86ºF)protect from light, heat and moisturesee end flap for expiration date and lot number
Inactive Ingredients (Daytime Only)
FD&C red #40, FD&C yellow #6, gelatin, glycerin, isopropyl alcohol, medium chain triglycerides, polyethylene glycol, povidone, propylene glycol, purified water, sorbitol sorbitan solution, white ink
Inactive Ingredients (Nighttime Only)
D&C yellow #10, FD&C blue #1, gelatin, glycerin, isopropyl alcohol, medium chain triglycerides, polyethylene glycol, povidone, propylene glycol, purified water, sorbitol sorbitan solution, white ink
* Please review the disclaimer below.