The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredient (In Each Tablet)
Naproxen sodium 220 mg (naproxen 200 mg) (NSAID)**nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- Temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:backachemuscular achesthe common coldtoothacheheadachemenstrual crampsminor pain of arthritistemporarily reduces fever
- Allergy alert: Naproxen sodium may cause a severe allergic reaction, especially in people allergic to aspirin. Symptoms may include:asthma (wheezing)skin reddeningshockblistersrashfacial swellinghivesIf an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if youare age 60 or olderhave had stomach ulcers or bleeding problemstake a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drugtake other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs [aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others]have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this producttake more or for a longer time than directedHeart attack and stroke warning: NSAIDs, except aspirin, increase the risk of heart attack, heart failure, and stroke. These can be fatal. The risk is higher if you use more than directed or for longer than directed.
Do Not Use
- If you have ever had an allergic reaction to any other pain reliever/fever reducerright before or after heart surgery
Ask A Doctor Before Use If
- The stomach bleeding warning applies to youyou have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburnyou have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, kidney disease, asthma, or had a strokeyou have problems or serious side effects from taking pain relievers or fever reducersyou are taking a diuretic
Ask A Doctor Or Pharmacist Before Use If You Are
- Under a doctor’s care for any serious conditiontaking any other drug
When Using This Product
Take with food or milk if stomach upset occurs
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- You experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:feel faintvomit bloodhave bloody or black stoolshave stomach pain that does not get betteryou have symptoms of heart problems or stroke:leg swellingchest painslurred speechtrouble breathingweakness in one part or side of bodypain gets worse or lasts more than 10 daysfever gets worse or lasts more than 3 daysyou have difficulty swallowingit feels like the pill is stuck in your throatredness or swelling is present in the painful areaany new symptoms appear
If Pregnant Or Breast-Feeding,
Ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use naproxen sodium during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Do not take more than directedthe smallest effective dose should be useddrink a full glass of water with each doseadults and children 12 years and oldertake 1 tablet every 8 to 12 hours while symptoms lastfor the first dose you may take 2 tablets within the first hourdo not exceed 2 tablets in any 8- to 12-hour perioddo not exceed 3 tablets in a 24-hour periodchildren under 12 years: ask a doctor
- Each tablet contains: sodium 20 mgstore at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F). Avoid high humidity and excessive heat above 40°C (104°F)see end flap for expiration date and lot number
Croscarmellose sodium, FD&C blue #2 aluminum lake, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl alcohol, povidone, silicon dioxide, talc, titanium dioxide
* Please review the disclaimer below.