The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Product Labeling Index
Bismuth subsalicylate, 262 mg
Bismuth subsalicylate - Upset stomach reliever and Antidiarrheal
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
- Upset stomachindigestionnauseaheartburndiarrhea
- Reye's Syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox, flu symptoms, or flu should NOT use this product. If nausea, vomiting or fever occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye Syndrom, a rare but serious illness.Allergy Alert: do not take this product if you are allergic to salicylates (including aspirin) unless directed by a doctor.Do not use for diarrhea on children under 3 years of ageAsk a doctor or a pharmacist before use if you are taking prescription medicines for anticoagulation (thinning of the blood), diabetes, gout or arthritis.Stop use and ask a doctor ifyou are taking this product with other salicylate-containing preparations (such as aspirin) and ringing in the ears occurs. This product contains salicylate.diarrhea is accompanied by a high fever or continues for more than 2 daysother symptoms last more than 2 weeks
- Shake well before useFor convenience, use the dosage cupadults and children 12 yrs and over2 Tbsp or 30 mLchildren 9 to under 12 years1 Tbsp or 15 mLchildren 6 to under 9 years2 tsp or 10 mLchildren 3 to under 6 years1 tsp or 5 mLchildren under 3 yearsconsult a doctorRepeat above dosage every 1/2 to 1 hour as needed to a maximum of 8 doses in a 24-hour period
FD and C Red No. 3, FD and C Red No. 40, flavor, magnesium aluminum silicate, methylcellulose, saccharin sodium, salicylic acid, sodium salicylate, and water
- Do not use if imprinted safety seal around the dosage cup and bottle is broken or missingeach tablespoon (15 mL) contains: sodium 1 mgeach tablespoon (15 mL) contains: salicylate 130 mgsugar freelow in sodiumavoid excessive heat (over 104oF or 40oC)protect from freezingmay cause a temporary and harmless darkening of the tongue or stool
If Pregnant Or Breast-Feeding
Ask a health professional before use.
* Please review the disclaimer below.