The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredient (In Each Brown Tablet)
Ibuprofen USP, 200 mg (NSAID)*
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- Temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:headache
- Toothachebackachemenstrual crampsthe common coldmuscular achesminor pain of arthritisTemporarily reduces fever
- Allergy Alert: Ibuprofen may cause a severe allergic reaction, especially in people allergic to aspirin. Symptoms may include:
- Shockhivesfacial swellingasthma (wheezing)skin reddeningrashblistersIf an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
- Stomach bleeding warning:This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you:are age 60 or olderhave had stomach ulcers or bleeding problemstake a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drugtake other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this producttake more or for a longer time than directed
- Heart attack and stroke warning: NSAIDs, except aspirin, increase
- The risk of heart attack, heart failure, and stroke. These can be
- Fatal. The risk is higher if you use more than directed or for
- Longer than directed.
- Do not useif you have ever had an allergic reaction to any other pain reliever/fever reducerright before or after heart surgery
- Ask a doctor before use ifthe stomach bleeding warning applies to youyou have problems or serious side effects from taking pain relievers or fever reducers
- You have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburnyou have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, kidney disease or asthmayou are taking a diureticAsk a doctor or pharmacist before use if you areunder a doctor’s care for any serious condition
- Taking aspirin for heart attack or stroke, because
- Ibuprofen may decrease this benefit of aspirin
- Taking any other drugWhen using this producttake with food or milk if stomach upset occursStop use and ask a doctor ifyou experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding: -feel faint -vomit blood -have bloody or black stools -have stomach pain that does not get betteryou have symptoms of heart problems or stroke:
- - chest pain - trouble breathing - leg swelling
- - slurred speech - weakness in one part or side of body
- Pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 daysredness or swelling is present in the painful areafever gets worse or lasts more than 3 daysany new symptoms occurIf pregnant or breast-feeding,ask a health professional before use. it is especially important not to use ibuprofen during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Otc - Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose , get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
- Do not use more than directedthe smallest effective dose should be usedadults and children 12 years and over: take 1 tablet
- Every 4 to 6 hours while symptoms persist
- If pain or fever does not respond to 1 tablet, 2 tablets
- May be used
- Do not take more than 6 tablets in 24 hours unless directed by a doctorchildren under 12 years: ask a doctor
- Store at controlled room temperatureavoid excessive heat 40°C (104°F)
Carnauba wax, cellulose, corn starch, fumed silica gel, hypromellose, lactose, magnesium stearate, polydextrose, PEG, red iron oxide, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, titanium dioxide.
pain reliever/fever reducer (NSAID)
COMPARE TO THE ACTIVE INGREDIENT IN ADVIL*
200 mg each
Tamper Evident:Do not use if imprinted seal under cap is missing or broken.
* Please review the disclaimer below.