The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Product Labeling Index
(in each 118 mL delivered dose)Dibasic sodium phosphate 7 gMonobasic sodium phosphate 19 g
- Relieves occasional constipation
For rectal use only
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- A sodium-restricted dietabdominal pain, nausea or vomitingkidney disease, heart problems, or are dehydrated noticed a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts over 2 weeks
Ask A Doctor Or Pharmacist Before Use If You Are
Taking any other drug. Take this product two or more hours before or after other drugs. Laxatives may affect how other drugs work.
When Using This Product
- Do not use more than directed. Serious side effects may occur from excess dosage.do not use for more than 3 days
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- You have rectal bleedingyou have no bowel movement after use of a laxative These may be signs of a serious condition.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222)
- Do not use more unless directed by a doctor. See Warnings.adults & children 12 years and overone bottle once dailychildren 2 to under12 years1/2 bottle once dailychildren under2 yearsdo not useCAUTION:Remove green protective shield before inserting. Hold bottle upright, grasping bottle cap with fingers. Grasp protective shield with other hand and pull gently to remove.Positioning:Left-side position: lie on left side with knee bent and arms at rest.Knee-chest position: kneel, then lower head and chest forward until left side of face is resting on surface. Position arms comfortably.Administering enema:with steady pressure, gently insert enema with tip pointing toward navel.squeeze bottle until recommended dose is expelled (it is not necessary to empty unit completely. Bottle contains more liquid than needed for effective use. A small amount of liquid will remain in bottle after squeezing). remove tip from rectumstop using if tip is hard to insert. Forcing the tip into the rectum can cause injury (especially if you have hemorrhoids). If enema tip causes rectal bleeding or pain, get immediate medical care.maintain position until urge to evacuate is strong (usually 1 to 5 minutes)if no urge is felt after 5 minutes of using, try to empty bowel. Call a doctor promptly if no liquid comes out of the rectum after 30 minutes because dehydration could occur.
- Each 118 mL contains: sodium 4.3 gstore at room temperature 20-25 deg C (68-77 deg F)this product generally produces bowel movement in 1 to 5 minutes
Benzalkonium chloride, disodium EDTA, purified water
* Please review the disclaimer below.