NDC 62332-751 Fluorouracil
Injection, Solution Intravenous
NDC Code 62332-751-50
Package Description: 1 VIAL, PHARMACY BULK PACKAGE in 1 CARTON / 50 mL in 1 VIAL, PHARMACY BULK PACKAGE
What is NDC 62332-751?
The NDC code 62332-751 is assigned by the FDA to the product Fluorouracil which is a human prescription drug product labeled by Alembic Pharmaceuticals Inc.. The product's dosage form is injection, solution and is administered via intravenous form. The product is distributed in a single package with assigned NDC code 62332-751-50 1 vial, pharmacy bulk package in 1 carton / 50 ml in 1 vial, pharmacy bulk package. This page includes all the important details about this product, including active and inactive ingredients, pharmagologic classes, product uses and characteristics, UNII information and RxNorm crosswalk.
What are the uses for Fluorouracil?
Fluorouracil is used to treat various types of cancer. It is a chemotherapy drug that is used to slow or stop cancer cell growth. You should be tested for a DPD enzyme deficiency before you start treatment with fluorouracil. Ask your doctor for more details.
What are Fluorouracil Active Ingredients?
An active ingredient is the substance responsible for the medicinal effects of a product specified by the substance's molecular structure or if the molecular structure is not known, defined by an unambiguous definition that identifies the substance. Each active ingredient name is the preferred term of the UNII code submitted.
- FLUOROURACIL 50 mg/mL - A pyrimidine analog that is an antineoplastic antimetabolite. It interferes with DNA synthesis by blocking the THYMIDYLATE SYNTHETASE conversion of deoxyuridylic acid to thymidylic acid.
Which are Fluorouracil UNII Codes?
The UNII codes for the active ingredients in this product are:
- FLUOROURACIL (UNII: U3P01618RT)
- FLUOROURACIL (UNII: U3P01618RT) (Active Moiety)
What is the NDC to RxNorm Crosswalk for Fluorouracil?
RxNorm is a normalized naming system for generic and branded drugs that assigns unique concept identifier(s) known as RxCUIs to NDC products.The NDC to RxNorm Crosswalk for this produdct indicates multiple concept unique identifiers (RXCUIs) are associated with this product:
- RxCUI: 239177 - fluorouracil 50 MG/ML Injectable Solution
- RxCUI: 239177 - 5-5-fluorouracil 50 MG/ML Injectable Solution
- RxCUI: 239177 - 5-FU 50 MG/ML Injectable Solution
- RxCUI: 239177 - fluorouracil (as fluorouracil sodium) 50 MG/ML Injectable Solution
- RxCUI: 239177 - fluorouracil 2.5 GM per 50 ML Injectable Solution
Which are Fluorouracil Inactive Ingredients UNII Codes?
The inactive ingredients are all the component of a medicinal product OTHER than the active ingredient(s). The acronym "UNII" stands for “Unique Ingredient Identifier” and is used to identify each inactive ingredient present in a product. The UNII codes for the inactive ingredients in this product are:
- SODIUM HYDROXIDE (UNII: 55X04QC32I)
- WATER (UNII: 059QF0KO0R)
Which are the Pharmacologic Classes for Fluorouracil?
A pharmacologic class is a group of drugs that share the same scientifically documented properties. The following is a list of the reported pharmacologic class(es) corresponding to the active ingredients of this product.
* Please review the disclaimer below.
We have moved the product label and warning information to a dedicated page, please follow the link below:View Product Label