NDC 63102-110 Actidom Dmx
Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide, Guaifenesin, Phenylephrine Hydrochloride Solution Oral
|Color(s)||PURPLE (C48327 - CLEAR) |
|Flavor(s)||GRAPE (C73391) |
NDC Code 63102-110-16
Package Description: 474 mL in 1 BOTTLE, PLASTIC
What is NDC 63102-110?
The NDC code 63102-110 is assigned by the FDA to the product Actidom Dmx which is a human over the counter drug product labeled by Actipharma, Inc. The generic name of Actidom Dmx is dextromethorphan hydrobromide, guaifenesin, phenylephrine hydrochloride. The product's dosage form is solution and is administered via oral form. The product is distributed in a single package with assigned NDC code 63102-110-16 474 ml in 1 bottle, plastic . This page includes all the important details about this product, including active and inactive ingredients, pharmagologic classes, product uses and characteristics, UNII information and RxNorm crosswalk.
What are the uses for Actidom Dmx?
This product is used as Cough SuppressantExpectorantNasal Decongestant
What are Actidom Dmx Active Ingredients?
An active ingredient is the substance responsible for the medicinal effects of a product specified by the substance's molecular structure or if the molecular structure is not known, defined by an unambiguous definition that identifies the substance. Each active ingredient name is the preferred term of the UNII code submitted.
- DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 30 mg/5mL - Methyl analog of DEXTRORPHAN that shows high affinity binding to several regions of the brain, including the medullary cough center. This compound is an NMDA receptor antagonist (RECEPTORS, N-METHYL-D-ASPARTATE) and acts as a non-competitive channel blocker. It is one of the widely used ANTITUSSIVES, and is also used to study the involvement of glutamate receptors in neurotoxicity.
- GUAIFENESIN 200 mg/5mL - An expectorant that also has some muscle relaxing action. It is used in many cough preparations.
- PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 10 mg/5mL - An alpha-1 adrenergic agonist used as a mydriatic, nasal decongestant, and cardiotonic agent.
Which are Actidom Dmx UNII Codes?
The UNII codes for the active ingredients in this product are:
- DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE (UNII: 9D2RTI9KYH)
- DEXTROMETHORPHAN (UNII: 7355X3ROTS) (Active Moiety)
- GUAIFENESIN (UNII: 495W7451VQ)
- GUAIFENESIN (UNII: 495W7451VQ) (Active Moiety)
- PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE (UNII: 04JA59TNSJ)
- PHENYLEPHRINE (UNII: 1WS297W6MV) (Active Moiety)
Which are Actidom Dmx Inactive Ingredients UNII Codes?
The inactive ingredients are all the component of a medicinal product OTHER than the active ingredient(s). The acronym "UNII" stands for “Unique Ingredient Identifier” and is used to identify each inactive ingredient present in a product. The UNII codes for the inactive ingredients in this product are:
- CITRIC ACID MONOHYDRATE (UNII: 2968PHW8QP)
- FD&C RED NO. 40 (UNII: WZB9127XOA)
- FD&C BLUE NO. 1 (UNII: H3R47K3TBD)
- GLYCERIN (UNII: PDC6A3C0OX)
- METHYLPARABEN (UNII: A2I8C7HI9T)
- PROPYLENE GLYCOL (UNII: 6DC9Q167V3)
- PROPYLPARABEN (UNII: Z8IX2SC1OH)
- WATER (UNII: 059QF0KO0R)
- SODIUM CITRATE (UNII: 1Q73Q2JULR)
- SUCRALOSE (UNII: 96K6UQ3ZD4)
What is the NDC to RxNorm Crosswalk for Actidom Dmx?
RxNorm is a normalized naming system for generic and branded drugs that assigns unique concept identifier(s) known as RxCUIs to NDC products.The NDC to RxNorm Crosswalk for this produdct indicates multiple concept unique identifiers (RXCUIs) are associated with this product:
- RxCUI: 1364914 - dextromethorphan HBr 30 MG / guaiFENesin 200 MG / phenylephrine HCl 10 MG in 5 mL Oral Solution
- RxCUI: 1364914 - dextromethorphan hydrobromide 6 MG/ML / guaifenesin 40 MG/ML / phenylephrine hydrochloride 2 MG/ML Oral Solution
- RxCUI: 1364914 - dextromethorphan hydrobromide 30 MG / guaifenesin 200 MG / phenylephrine hydrochloride 10 MG per 5 ML Oral Solution
Which are the Pharmacologic Classes for Actidom Dmx?
A pharmacologic class is a group of drugs that share the same scientifically documented properties. The following is a list of the reported pharmacologic class(es) corresponding to the active ingredients of this product.
- Adrenergic alpha1-Agonists - [MoA] (Mechanism of Action)
- Sigma-1 Agonist - [EPC] (Established Pharmacologic Class)
- Sigma-1 Receptor Agonists - [MoA] (Mechanism of Action)
- Uncompetitive N-methyl-D-aspartate Receptor Antagonist - [EPC] (Established Pharmacologic Class)
- Uncompetitive NMDA Receptor Antagonists - [MoA] (Mechanism of Action)
- alpha-1 Adrenergic Agonist - [EPC] (Established Pharmacologic Class)
* Please review the disclaimer below.
Dextromethorphan is used to temporarily relieve cough caused by the common cold, the flu, or other conditions. Dextromethorphan will relieve a cough but will not treat the cause of the cough or speed recovery. Dextromethorphan is in a class of medications called antitussives. It works by decreasing activity in the part of the brain that causes coughing.
Guaifenesin is used to relieve chest congestion. Guaifenesin may help control symptoms but does not treat the cause of symptoms or speed recovery. Guaifenesin is in a class of medications called expectorants. It works by thinning the mucus in the air passages to make it easier to cough up the mucus and clear the airways.
Phenylephrine is used to relieve nasal discomfort caused by colds, allergies, and hay fever. It is also used to relieve sinus congestion and pressure. Phenylephrine will relieve symptoms but will not treat the cause of the symptoms or speed recovery. Phenylephrine is in a class of medications called nasal decongestants. It works by reducing swelling of the blood vessels in the nasal passages.
* Please review the disclaimer below.
We have moved the product label and warning information to a dedicated page, please follow the link below:View Product Label