The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredients (In Each Extended-Release Tablet)
Dextromethorphan HBr 60 mgGuaifenesin 1200 mg
- •helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive •temporarily relieves: •cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with the common cold or inhaled irritants •the intensity of coughing •the impulse to cough to help you get to sleep
- Do not use •for children under 12 years of age •if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- •persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema •cough accompanied by too much phlegm (mucus)
When Using This Product
- •Do not use more than directed
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- •cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious illness.
Pregnancy Or Breast Feeding
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222).
- •do not crush, chew, or break extended-release tablet •take with a full glass of water •this product can be administered without regard for timing of meals •adults and children 12 years and older: 1 extended-release tablet every 12 hours; not more than 2 extended-release tablets in 24 hours •children under 12 years of age: do not use
- •Store between 20-25°C (68-77°F)
Carbomer homopolymer, colloidal silicon dioxide, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, maltodextrin, microcrystalline cellulose, povidone (K-30), stearic acid
* Please review the disclaimer below.